Driving test here or in Oz

colin&lorraine

Hi we are hoping to migrate to Queensland. My daughter turns 17 next month and we are wondering if it would be better for her to learn to drive here before we emigrate or and learn in Queensland. Would her driving licence be valid because of her age and being a new driver.

Colin, Lorraine & Fern:unsure:

Guest Tom the Pom

I heard about someone who went to Oz with a provisional licence and had it swapped for a full one.

When they returned they swapped it for a full UK licence.

I don't know if this happens alot but it's worth a try!!!

Guest graham$nic

Hi i passed my test 2 years ago in the uk we are in nsw and i have to drive on green P2 plates for 2 years and then take a computer test we had thought about living in queensland so we called them to find out if would be the same and i would also have to take a test after the 2 year period so pretty much the same the lady said they have got very strict now on all drivers so my advice would be on what ever state your going to i would give them a call.As i now have to pay another fee to do another computer test good luck xx

Guest graham$nic

Sorry ment to say if you passed your test less they 3 years you have to do this hubby had his licence years so no tests for him just swapped it over xx

Hi we are hoping to migrate to Queensland. My daughter turns 17 next month and we are wondering if it would be better for her to learn to drive here before we emigrate or and learn in Queensland. Would her driving licence be valid because of her age and being a new driver.

Colin, Lorraine & Fern:unsure:

I passed my test in the UK in September 2005 and we moved to Brisbane in June 2006. I swapped my UK licence for a QLD one no problems. Age or length of driving was not a factor here in Qld (although may be in other states). I would be more inclined to have my daughter learn in the UK as I feel they are more into appreciating hazard percetion than in Brisbane.

Cheers

Ginny

Archived