cost of Shipping a 40ft container from UK to Perth

Pommie

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any idea of the cost of shipping household goods from the UK to Perth in a 40ft container, including the packing up and uploading in Perth ??

Also, can you give me a breakdown of the costs (i.e. shipping, insurance, etc)...

thanks

Sunderland to Adelaide just under £6000 which includes insurance I think container price was around 5400

i used Allieds own insurer because there is no excess , a previous trip we had something broken excess was 250 value was 250 so we didn't claim

Our car is packed in with the furniture all done with Allied Pickfords who have been very good and the lads doing the packing were great

Sunderland to Adelaide just under £6000 which includes insurance I think container price was around 5400

i used Allieds own insurer because there is no excess , a previous trip we had something broken excess was 250 value was 250 so we didn't claim

Our car is packed in with the furniture all done with Allied Pickfords who have been very good and the lads doing the packing were great

I'm not sure we would even need a 20' for our belongings, but are now thinking we should take our car, which I think put's the 40' in the frame. Did Pickfords provide any of the documentation support for the car or did that go via Iron Chef?

Hi @Pommie get 4 or 5 companies in to quote. Pss and Masons get good feedback. For insurance don't use the removals own, it is too expensive. Have a look at @Letton Percival. Take a look at this thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/244818-overseas-removals-insurance.html

Thanks Pom Queen and everyone else for your replies...... We've made the trip before (my company paid), so I do think its a 40ft container required..!!

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any idea of the cost of shipping household goods from the UK to Perth in a 40ft container, including the packing up and uploading in Perth ??

Also, can you give me a breakdown of the costs (i.e. shipping, insurance, etc)...

thanks

Costs will be made up of three main stages:

1) Packing and collection - volume of goods, any special items that require extra packing or crating or special handling, access to your origin property (all of which determine the cost of labour, equipment and materials)

2) Transport - from your house to the port, shipment by sea, and delivery to your new home. Costs can vary slightly depending on the sailing time of the vessel

3) Unloading/unpacking - again based on volume of goods, special handling, disposal of materials and access to destination.

There may also be elements included for the dates of your move - for example are you moving at a really busy time of year when prices are a bit higher, are there any periods of storage required (e.g. if you're staying in a temp rental before you can take delivery).

Insurance will usually be quoted as a separate charge and often is a % of the value of goods you are moving.

There will also be the costs of Biosecurity inspection which is usually payable locally as the cost can vary and so most removal companies exclude this from their quote.

Hope that helps?