Shipping / insurance?

Hi. We are shipping our stuff in 2 weeks time. We didn't have loads of budget so are only sending some stuff on a shared container with Anglo Pacific.

So far we have elected to not use their insurance as we thought it would be expensive. We have toyed with the idea of using no insurance.

What's best?

We are shipping beds, table and chairs, a TV, computer, boxes of personal stuff (pictures photos and kids toys)

If shipping insurance is highly recommended, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Matthew

We used Letton Percival who were slightly cheaper than Insure your Move at the time. I think there was a thread on here yesterday saying the site for Insure Your Move wasn't working but I don't know if it has been fixed. As to whether to insure or not well that's dependant on whether you are prepared to take the risk of loosing everything you are sending or would like some payout to replace it if the container falls off the ship.

ETA - I've just checked and the Insure Your Move website is back up again. Have a look at them and Letton Percival to compare cover and prices and select the one that bests meets your needs.

Edited by NicF

We used Letton Percival and they were great. You do need to value your things but this isn't a bad thing as helps with insurance once in Oz. it also proved to me that shipping was worth it. It all adds up when you have to replace it all. We had to make a claim for a damaged TV and broken glass and that was dealt with quickly and simply, money in our account promptly.

I think we also used LP and fortunately we did not have to call on them. Ensure you have insurance against damage, you may want to consider mildew and also in case the container is lost at sea (can't remember the terminology) however the ships crew can throw the container off the ship to save the ship which normal insurance will not cover. Check the sum insured closely especially considering higher replacement values in Aus.

S