Which Company to Use

Zeebeth

Hi guys,

We are flying out to Adelaide on 2nd September and have been getting quotes for shipping from a few companies and are now trying to decide which one to use. We aren't taking any furniture just a large number of books and CD's (around 1000) and a TV and some retro games consols so we'll only need part of a container.

The companies we have contacted for quotes are:

Pickfords - they originally were very helpful and were probably our prefered company as we met them at Down Under Live back in October. However we are still waiting for a quote (nearly a month on) and the guy now isn't responding to my emails. So that's put me off a bit

PSS - The quote seemed reasonable and the lady was very friendly. However after looking online for some reviews about them it looks like they increase their quotes once they have your stuff which isn't great.

Anglo Pacific - Decent quote, but the move manager seems really pushy. I've had quite a few calls and emails from him and he doesn't seem to be satisfied to wait a bit for us to decide.

Crown Relocations - The highest quote we have received, they seem to have good Google reviews however I'm a bit worried as our move manager seems a tad unorganised. He provided a quote about a month ago but then called last week asking if we would like him to provide a quote. So I resent him the list of items we wish to ship and he then realised he had already given us the quote.

I'd really appreciate peoples thoughts on which company to use and the pros and cons for all of them . Hubby and I are happy to be without out stuff in Oz rather than the UK so would be looking to ship in the last week of August. Zee :)

Found Anglo Pacific to be best priced, Nick our account manager answered all questions we had, sent us as many boxes as we wanted for free just deposit taken which goes towards shipping costs. All arrived here in Aus on schedule and smooth process with contact from Australian partner they use.

I would warn to pack things super carefully as, we had a couple of items that were broken on arrival - plates and moroccan bowl, but 95% arrived in tact. we sent 11 tea cartons in total.

Overall would recommend

• Like 1

Hiya!!

We WERE going with PSS. Someone from Pickfords and PSS come round and we would of gone with Pickfords but PSS was £500 cheaper. There is a charge which Pickfords didn't mention on arrival to OZ of $150 odd dollars....then $20 a day storage. BUT PSS have been a bit of a pain with the constant "follow up" calls. "Are you ready to move yet?" "Are you still going to use us?" Blah blah blah.

But we might look into Anglo Pacific first before making a decision!

Good luck in who you choose! :)

Thanks guys, we did briefly look into the movecube but were a bit worried about packing the things ourselves so think we would prefer a company that does it for you. Hopefully hubby and I can make a decision this weekend! !3 weeks to go.