Cheaper flights with International Organization for migration

Guest perks of the job

Guest perks of the job

Has anyone booked flights through IOM? Apparently they they assist you with cheaper flights and extra baggage allowance. The flights only count for one way not returns. We will be heading for Brisbane within the next few months with a baby in tow so we will need to take a lot of luggage. We would be grateful of some info if anyone can help.

Guest jonseywife

Hiya

I asked this same question myslef not so long ago........ heres the link below!!!!

We decided against it in the end, only as we wanted to treat our selves and make a special trip of it and stop off in a couple of places for a day or two inbetween flights....... you can only fly direct with IOM (no stop overs) although the IOM quote was quite a bit cheaper, so well worth considering !!!!!!! :yes:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/22044-cheaper-flights-through-iom-australia.html?highlight=flights+IOM

Hi,

IOM give you a quote with Quantas (no one else), most airlines will give you increased baggage allowance. Our quote wasn't much cheaper than Singapore airlines, we went with Singapore because their flight times were more convenient for us. It is worth getting a quote though.

Ali

• 4 months later...
Guest JoanneHattersley

we flew with Air NZ and got 2 bags each at 32kg per bag. Thats 64kg as standard luggage for each person.

No hassles , reasonable price and great flights and service! Did London to LA ; LA to Auckland and Auckland to Brissie!

Has anyone booked flights through IOM? Apparently they they assist you with cheaper flights and extra baggage allowance. The flights only count for one way not returns. We will be heading for Brisbane within the next few months with a baby in tow so we will need to take a lot of luggage. We would be grateful of some info if anyone can help.

Hi, we flew to Brisbane with a baby, three and four year old, and used Emirates. They gave us double our baggage allowance per person, and 10 kg for the baby as he had no seat. We had to send a copy of our visas to the travel agent, who passed this on, which gave us the extra allowance. Plus we got a bassinet on the aeroplane for the baby, unrequested. Some people weren't keen on the bassinet, as it's not too big, and you have to take the baby out during turbulence, but you got extra legroom for free, which was excellent, and my son slept in it for a while, so I could get a drink etc.

Didn't try IOM; used Green Bee on the internet, and they came up with the best price at that time (September). Couldn't work out IOM's website, and just wanted to book something there and then! Good luck with it all; we were dreading the flight, but was not anywhere near as bad, or felt as long, as we feared. Anything you might want to ask, will try my best to help.

Joanne

Guest lynneand mark

We booked through IOM, they were very helpful. We got 40kg each which was useful. You can't stop off anywhere but with all that luggage we didn't want to. I would get them to give you a quote as it's no obligation. If you can get cheaper then great, if not then I would recommend using them.

Archived