Has anyone used Robinsons for shiping?

We used Robinsons for shipping. We were really happy with them - our container got on a ship pretty much as soon as it hit the docks and took just 9 weeks door to door from Rotherham to Adelaide. Some of that though was just luck. Our packers were great and did a really good job. A lot if the companies use the same people at this end although some have an Australian operation. To be honest most of the shipping companies will be pretty much the same - one of the companies we spoke to pretty much said the same. Some will use contractors to do the packing and a few will have their own staff. Either way how well your stuff is packed will depend on the experience of the guys packing it and how much they care on the day. As long as your removalists are members of the relevant bodies you will be fine. I would recommend taking out insurance with either Letton Percival or Insure your Move though as most of the problems with removalists are around making insurance claims when things go wrong. People that don't use the removalists insurance seem to have much better experiences.

Great to hear you had a good experience. We used them. Great team but when we got the other end they had lost the pendulum to a 200 year old clock, bolts to 2 single beds, bolts to the dining table - loads of hassle replacing those. And Robinsons were not interested at all in follow up so have just lodged complaint with the BAR. Remember when you find you have a problem, it's 3 months after packing up and 10000 miles away from their base. Their agents Grace were also pretty poor. They told me to collect my car from them and I had to question it as I knew it had not been for compliance testing thru Iron Lady. They were also not bothered about the missing pendulum and simply blamed Robinsons. We insured with insure your move and of course we had to claim for a missing pendulum which turned out to be a major restoration job for a clockmaker. Insurers were very helpful.

We have a quote from Robinsons and hear great reveiws of them However we end up using Five Oceans as they had a branches in U.K and Australia.

ADMIN NOTE:

The registered email address of the poster above (sydney1) is kbtiltman@xxxxxxx.com

Totally unrelated, a Director at Five Oceans Moving is called Kyle Tiltman. - https://www.linkedin.com/pub/kyle-tiltman/49/481/162

Now I can only assume the service must be phenomenally good if it makes you want to change your name to that of the company director's :eek:

Guest The Pom Queen

We have a quote from Robinsons and hear great reveiws of them However we end up using Five Oceans as they had a branches in U.K and Australia.
@sydney1 umm I suppose your own company can't be very good if you asked Robinsons first.