Workshop what to/not take??

Tosh

Hi fellow forum frolickers.

We're two weeks away from our stuff being collected for shipping and i'm doing the dreaded garage clear out.

What kind of things did or didn't you or would/wouldn't you take?

I've got rid of the power tools that weren't expensive and been covered in saw dust. Taking the bigger more expensive ones and cleaning with Jeys fluid.

But what about all the other bits and bobs you collect over 20 years? Did anyone bother with all the screws/nails etc. Gloves, dust masks, goggles, saws, hammers, drills etc etc and all the bits you collect and use regularly (if you do a manual job or all of your own DIY) or did you just dump the lot and replace it all once you got there?

It would cost a small fortune to replace it all in one go and years to collect over time. Just interested to see how other people did it.

Many thanks

Tosh

Keep it all. Send it all.

Clean, clean, clean.

I like Cal's idea of a hot wash at the car wash place for most things. I guess a hair dryer would dry them quickly to stop rusting before a quick wipe over with the Jayes fluid.

For electrical tools I blasted them with compressed air then wiped over with a Milton soaked rag.

Remove all dirt, dust and rust (shoes, bikes, camping gear too)

Clean it and bring it all. Save the expense to replace things over here.

dont go too crazy on the Jeyes fluid. The items just need to be clean. One shipping company told us the customs inspectors hate opening a container and almost passing out from the Jeyes fumes. I used diluted Dettol that didn't leave a smell and all our stuff got through fine.