Moving from Northern Ireland .....

Beffers

Am planning an emigration for 2014/2015 to Melbourne from Belfast.

Anyone done a similar move and if so, which removals company did you use and how much were they, so we can get a rough idea.

Most of the firms I'm looking at are Great Britain based, and do not cover Belfast (Bonner for example).

Cheers :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there "all route shipping" we have used twice. They are based in Belfast at the harbour. They are very good and we have found them the cheapest also. I would highly recommend them. Not sure of there number but google and you will get it. Hope you get sorted. :)

Thats great - thank you so much for that recommendation. I will get in touch with them! Thanks again :biggrin:

Hi Beffer,

I would recommend calling Mcgimpsey Brothers in Belfast, They are a great company.

Remember for international relocations it not all about price is more about service as this is 3rd most stressful thing you will ever do after divorce and death of a family member.

Final I would stick with a local company in your area, A England based company (like myself) will contract out your move to a local company in Belfast to the cheapest bidder so you have no control on who really does the work.

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

We moved to Perth last year and its the best decision we ever made (after a lot of soul searching)!!

We had several companies provide quotes but the best by far in terms of service levels were McGimpsey removals in Bangor. Their response times on any queries were immediate and their staff were great. Their rates were competitive and their packing and overall service was absolutely brilliant. Good old fashioned service and courtesy at competitive rates. Cheers Stuart!

Don't go by them as I have moved quite a bit in my life time but these guys are by far the best. Cheers Stuart