How many suitcases can I take on the plane to Oz?

VicsBM

I know they have weight allowances (30kg?), but I'm a more person visual and need to know how this converts to average sized suitcases? Would it be about two, plus a hand luggage bag per person? Any clues? Thanks very much! :biggrin:

Depends on the airline

Most allow only 1 suitcase per person, weighing 20-23kg (depending on the airline) in the hold baggage

Over that limit you have to pay, again according to the airline, either a fixed fee or a per Kg over the allowed limit

If you want more then you need to look on the airline website for details of cost

The maximum that one case can weigh is 32kg due to Health & Safety

You can have 1 peice of carry on baggage, usually weighing no more than 7Kg with dimensions that are limited to L=45cm, W=20cm, H=36cm

Agree with the above.

How much allowance you get it dependant on the airline you are flying with. Check your airlines website for info. Qantas and BA are usually 23KG, Singapore 20kg iirc. Others around the same. That usually is one large holdall or suitcase.

You really should weigh your bags once packed to be sure. No one can tell you how much just by looking. If you go over you may well get charged a small fortune. Check your airlines excess fees.

Emirates is usually 30kg for economy and you can have it across more than 1 case (in my case suitcase + guitar)

I thoroughly recommend proper luggage scales if you know someone who's got them or want to buy them. Balancing them on home scales just doesn't work so well!!