SevenSeas MoveCube - An Alternative for those who dont need a full container

Goochie

Right up until this evening we've been planning on shipping our small (ish) amount of stuff using SevenSeas and around 15 individual boxes. However, I was checking box sizes on their website and saw this: http://www.sevenseasworldwide.com/shipping/movecube

It looks perfect for those people who have stuff to take but not enough to fill a container.

I'm waiting on a price to come back for Birmingham to Perth and will post when I get it - But has anyone else got a price or used this method?

Oooo looks good and something we could use as we don't plan on taking much furniture, mostly personal effects, clothes, toys and kitchen stuff.

Defo be interested in your quote

The quote has just arrived:

As requested the cost for sending the MoveCube Door-to-Door service from Tamworth, UK to Perth, Australia is listed below:

a. Small MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.11m (44 inches); Length 0.96m (38 inches) = 2m³ or 70 cubic feet or 15LBE

Price : £420.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD249.00

b. Medium MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.45m (57 inches); Length 1.11m (43 inches) = 3m³ or 105 cubic feet or 23LBE

Price : £570.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD299.00

c. Large MoveCube:

INTERNAL: Height 1.88m (74 inches); Width 1.45m (57 inches); Length 2.27m (89 inches) = 6.20m³ or 218 cubic feet or 48LBE.

Price : £990.00 plus Destination Charges = AUD349.00

Our Prices Include:

• Customs and AQIS clearance (exclusive of any customs Tax and Duty or AQIS treatment charges if any)

• FREE Starter Pack: measuring tape (3m), tape dispenser (basic) with 1 roll of tape, knife, black pen

• FREE initial delivery of Starter Pack & other requested packing material including the loan of:

§ Arranging UK parking permits if the MoveCube is parked in the street

§ Traffic cones to mark off an area to park the MoveCube

§ A trolley to move your belongings from your address to the MoveCube

• FREE initial delivery & collection of the MoveCube from your UK address

• FREE initial delivery & collection of the MoveCube from your Australia address

• FREE pre-notified time slot for deliveries & collections, depending on area

• FREE storage for ONE MONTH prior to shipment overseas

• NO HIDDEN CHARGES guarantee at the destination, see below for details

• Price freeze GUARANTEE, if you place your order within 7 days of the date on this quote then from the date of your deposit being paid we will freeze the transportation and shipping rates for 60 days or until your shipment is collected and invoiced whichever is the earlier

We've decided to go for the large size at a total cost of approx. £1200 door-to-door.

I have an old flat-screen TV and two bicycles that I wasnt going to take but we've now decided that we may as well take them.

Additional info from them:

There is no restriction as to how you should package your items within the MoveCube as the whole space within the MoveCube will belong to your items only and no one else. We recommend you to package your items securely to prevent breakage and damage caused to your items during the transit time. Therefore, it is totally fine if you would find your packaging materials yourself, but you still need to label the boxes for customs inspection purpose so that it is easier for the authority to check, identify and examine the content of the consignment.

One set of documentation will be required for one shipment, i.e. one single set for one MoveCube shipment in which you are required to list out the content in each of the box with description for example, box 1: clothes, books, shoes etc.

Edited by Goochie

Thank you for that. We are defo going to keep this as an option as I reckon we would be fine with a large cube for everything we want to take.

Let us know how the process goes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, i was just looking at that but there was no price, we would think about using this and maybe a few tea chests flown out by them for essentials only takes 7-14 days and comes in about £138 each. the cube could easy take bikes,tv,beds,tools washing machine etc and all bed clothes and clothing etc. Dont think we could fill a container .

Gerard.

• 4 months later...
The quote has just arrived:

We've decided to go for the large size at a total cost of approx. £1200 door-to-door.

I have an old flat-screen TV and two bicycles that I wasnt going to take but we've now decided that we may as well take them.

Hi there, unsure of how much stuff you fit in the move cube, don't think we need a container could you let me know how much stuff fits in and what sort cheers

We used a large movecube and i can totally recomend. As people have said the better you are at packing the more you will get it. Any empty space use it ie our large fridge freezer we filled with clothes, not in plastic bags though as they will sweat. Take wheels, pedals of bikes etc. You can get a lot in them.

The cube arrived in Oz when they said it would, passed customs ok, didnt get opened only scanned. The one thing we didnt realise though is Sevenseas stuff all land in Melbourne which meant as we are in Perth it did add extra time on to it getting here

We didn't use the move cube, but we did use the company Seven seas and found them to be really good. We flew some tea chests, and a book box, which arrived in the 14 days as promised. We also shipped some stuff - again tea chests, book box and a bike, we were told it would be 90 days, in fact, they got it to us a few weeks quciker than that!

We found communication with them to be easy and efficient, both by email and phone. The staff at both ends were friendly, and helpful. They took the stress out of shipping for us, and I liked the way we could log on and track where in the world our stuff had reached when on the ship.

Now I know this may sound like I am plugging the company! But I believe in credit where credit is due - I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

We used a large movecube and i can totally recomend. As people have said the better you are at packing the more you will get it. Any empty space use it ie our large fridge freezer we filled with clothes, not in plastic bags though as they will sweat. Take wheels, pedals of bikes etc. You can get a lot in them.

The cube arrived in Oz when they said it would, passed customs ok, didnt get opened only scanned. The one thing we didnt realise though is Sevenseas stuff all land in Melbourne which meant as we are in Perth it did add extra time on to it getting here

Having moved ourselves the last 4 times now we reckon we have it down to a fine art so may well go with a Movecube this time to Aus. We don't plan on taking masses of furniture so hopefully the largest one will be enough.

• 3 months later...
Guest westwoodc

Hi, did they bring it to Perth for you? thanks

Guest westwoodc

Hi Goochie

did you use this method of shipping? and if so would you recoemmend?[

thanksQ

UOTE=Goochie;1935792654]The quote has just arrived:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone has an update on the movecube?? Is it a good way to send stuff? Has everything arrived at destinations safe and sound? Is it more likely to be held up at Customs if it hasnt been packed by a professional shipping company?

Sorry tonnes of questions but I'm stressing a bit out shipping our stuff - thought we had narrowed it down and chosen a company and then I saw this and wondered if it's worthwhile!

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has an update on the movecube?? Is it a good way to send stuff? Has everything arrived at destinations safe and sound? Is it more likely to be held up at Customs if it hasnt been packed by a professional shipping company?

Sorry tonnes of questions but I'm stressing a bit out shipping our stuff - thought we had narrowed it down and chosen a company and then I saw this and wondered if it's worthwhile!

Thanks

Quite a few people have used them now and so far from forum members the feedback has been positive. There are a few threads on the subject so use the forum search to find them.

There are also some positive replies in this thread.

Mines due to arrive in Perth the end of March. So far it's been fairly good service. The dropping off of the cube was on time and I was given plenty of time to pack it. Also sent a large box over via airmail that should be here next week and again they where good with drop off/pick up and informing me what's going on.

The Move Cube is an option for us also as we still don't know what we are doing about furniture. Getting it here, there or what at the mo!:err: The large cube doesn't seem that big to me. What did you get in it? OH says we don't have enough for a container and we both like the idea of having a cube delivered and packing it ourselves as we have always packed ourselves up when we have moved.

Mines due to arrive in Perth the end of March. So far it's been fairly good service. The dropping off of the cube was on time and I was given plenty of time to pack it. Also sent a large box over via airmail that should be here next week and again they where good with drop off/pick up and informing me what's going on.

Can I ask what you managed to get in yours?

Thanks

• 10 months later...

Hi everyone, we have paid a deposit for a move cube. I'm worrying a bit about the prep of items like our bikes and tools. I know they need to be cleaned thoroughly but should we disinfect tyres etc, W D 40 tools ? I'm worried as I presume they will check everything if you pack yourself.

thanks in advance. X

Hi everyone, we have paid a deposit for a move cube. I'm worrying a bit about the prep of items like our bikes and tools. I know they need to be cleaned thoroughly but should we disinfect tyres etc, W D 40 tools ? I'm worried as I presume they will check everything if you pack yourself.

thanks in advance. X

Yes, tyres and wheels should be dirt free. Get busy cleaning them. Disinfectant like Zoflora is good.

Hubby's bike when it was checked (his road bike came over with us), they were more interested in the wheels/tyres than any other part. She said it was spotless and fine to come in :)

Hi monkey Lloyd, I sent my cube today, I put 2 mountain bikes and heeps of power tools as I'm a joiner/builder. I'm scrubbed my power tools with dry brushes and got the vacuum in all the gaps and spaces possible. The mountain bikes I pressure washed and got soapy water on the stuborb dirt, I'll let you know how I get on.

Andy