Holden Commodore Vs Ford Falcon

moven

As the title suggests which would be the better car to have.

Been offered one of those, as a company car.

No idea what they are like to drive outside of looking at fotos on the web.

I wouldn't like to say has it really is personal preference, I have a commodore and I am more than happy with it, had a a few decent motors back in the UK including the likes of Saab, BMW, Vauxhall, Ford etc, Oh and Lincoln Navigator which is Ford by another name but I have never been able to take to Ford's range not a great deal has changed with there design since the days of the Ford Capri and the Cortina they still look very basic on the inside and you only pay for a name with Ford although I dare say that doesn't matter to you if it's a company car..

For me though I look at the changes as a whole with the car, trying looking at how Vauxhall/Holden have changed over the years and do the same for Ford and base your decision on those concepts, I used to test cars out at Millbrook proving ground in a previous job and for me on performance it's the Vauxhall/Holden every time.

But like I said before the ultimate decision is yours at the end of the day..

Six of one,half dozen of the other. I've owned both and there is not a lot of difference between the cars. The current Commodores has 3.0 litre V6 (US sourced) and the Falcon a 4.0 litre DOHC straight six with a six speed ZF auto. The "Barra" engine in the Falcon (Australian designed) is a cracker...known for doing big kilometres (over 400,00 k in taxis). Either way you won't really go wrong but for myself, having owned both in recent years I would go for the Falcon. The EcoLPI engine in the LPG powered one is supposedly a beauty, economical and torquey (so I have read) in the motoring journals.

I like the Falcon XR6 Turbo (last one I owned) 270kW and 533 Nm of torque..........went like sh!t off a shovel but incredibly reliable.

Edited by Sir Les Patterson

Guest AnotherKev

Go the Falcon.

I've had several Commodores which were OK but now have a 2011 FG Falcon XR6 and it is much better and more economical than the Holdens.

But if someone was offering me either one free I'd take one.

Cheers Kev

• 9 months later...
Guest joni007

Its long time to go for me watching lots of car and manufacturers in north america since last couple of years..

I am also using one australian commodore and its all fine .. and no issue..

then so FORD there is NOOOOO....