The one year rule

teamv

The one year rule on importing a car ,do you have to have owned it one year before it sets off or can it be when it arrives in Oz.Ie can you send it at 11 months so you've owned it for the 12 when it gets there.

Thanks Kev.

Hi, there is a sticky thread which is on going

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/97053-transporting-your-car-oz-everything-you-need-know.html

Best wishes

Susie x

Thanks I will have a read through but this is what i'm unsure of,

The qualifying period must have occurred immediately before you (permanently) arrived in Australia.

could part of that time include the shipping ,this is important to me as we are going to be stuck in the uk waiting, because we haven't owned the car for a year

and could travel out earlier if shipping time was included.

If you fly ahead, then its a no no from reading the sentence the way its written.

We don't want to fly ahead ,we would just like to send the car roro a month or so before we fly ,Then when we arrive the car would be nearly there and we would of owned it ,for let's say one year and two weeks but including it's ferry trip.

Can't be done. You need to own and use it for 12 full months, no exceptions.

Thanks for that I'm not trying to pull a fast one ,we have just bought a new navara ,there made in Spain but some parts are supplied from Japan ,so because if the terrible floods they had, the car was delayed ,so wasn't registered new in the uk till the 24th of may.the second surprise was we got our visa a lot quicker than we expected .which is great but we have to be in Oz for the 15th of June 2012 ,which only leaves us a small amount of time to send the car and fly out ourselves .