Which shipping company - Poll

Which shipping company did you use?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which shipping company did you use?

• Anglo Pacific
    • Crown Relo
    • White & Company
    • Doree Bonner
    • Pickfords
    • John Mason
    • PSS International Removals
    • Moving Australia
    • Overs International
    • Other - Please post in thread with name

I've run this past a mod and have been given the ok to post. Thought it might help people when they are researching for a shipping company to move their belongings. This is for UK - Australia shipping. Am polling to see which companies people use(d). I've listed 9 companies but if you have used another one and wish to suggest it please post in the thread. I went for the higher returning ones on a Google search.

Important bit of blurb below for legal reasons. Please read and post your replies accordingly.

* Feel free to reply in this thread to say if you would would use or not use the company again. Something simple like

**Name of company - 'Would use them again'**

**Name of company - Yes**

or

**Name of company - 'Would not use them again'**

**Name of company - No**

will suffice. Please stick to PM only with reasons if not. This is due to legal implications for Poms In Oz and I don't wish to cause them problems or have this thread locked/deleted.

If you wish you can gives costs quoted or actual costs in reply. Its not expected as some people don't wish to share such information but if you do, thanks in advance for the info. Gives those looking for an idea of expense something to work with. Please could you state then if its for a part or whole container.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drop Bear

I used Seven Seas. This was from Scotland (rural pickup rather than a major city) to Melbourne for two large boxes and a suitcase, shipped via air, rather than sea. I would use them again as they did everything they said they would, when they said they would (14 days). Insurance was pricey (5% of value shipped), but I think that's probably standard.

For costs, if you go to their website and plug in what you want to ship then it gives you an estimated cost (less the insurance obv as this depends on value shipped).

Once they've picked the items up u can track them online too, to see where in transit they are.

Hope this helps folk in a similar situation.

Guest siamsusie

I used Crown Removals from Scotland to Tasmania and they were fantastic

Also used Crown Removals from WA interstate to Tasmania

I found them excellent on each occasion

John mason

Stuff arrived yesterday- can't fault them. Their uk rep was good, they were willing to negotiate on price and their packers were brill. So happy to see our stuff again and to have a sofa to sit on!

Donna

John Mason

Just booked with them. 40ft container with household item + a car and they were the cheapest by £500. The rep who visited the house was professional and knew his stuff. They were also willing to negotiate on price even though they were the cheapest quote to start with. Fingers crossed their service is as good. Will keep you posted.

Guest Tigris

we used John Mason, they were really excellent, very professional. we moved from Carlisle to Canberra and our stuff all arrived safely and when they said it would. china and furniture all intact :yes: the guys who came and packed up for us were totally professional and also very friendly and good spirited so it was actually almost a fun day in the end :cute: at the Australian end there were also no probs. the communication was excellent and we had a dedicated person who we could phone or email for any questions and he kept us informed of progress the whole way. their price was competitive in fact one of the lower quotes we had. we were totally happy and would use them again.

Guest PocketMamma

I used Excess Baggage - definitely wouldn't recommend. My belongings were packed up on 14th December 2010 and I'm still waiting for the consignment to arrive. The ship should be here on 31 March. I did complain and received a 200 quid refund. Would've rather had my stuff back earlier tho as have had to buy a lot of warmer clothes to suit the tempermental victorian weather. There's only so much luggage you can pack with a 20kg allowance.

Excess Baggage you are a joke!

Guest destinationoz
Crown relo for us all the way!!

In fact the Brightonboys were the star attraction at their conference today!!!

Tell us more????!!!!

Guest BrightonBoys

Well a few days after I signed the contract I was asked whether we would go and speak to the Uk team. Telling them what we though of them and the whole emigration process! We said yes!

So today we spent the morning with 50 of the UK team answering questions!! It was fun!!!

Guest Mark Canaves

We used the John Mason guys - our stuff is on the high seas as I write this. All very nice and helpful so far. Will let you know how it goes when they come to deliver it.

Guest Aiken Drum

We've had 3 quotes so far but John Masons were definitely the most professional and knowledgable when doing the quote.

Price-wise they've all been about the same (£4k for a 20' container) but we will probably use them as we've been quite impressed and they've been recommended to us.

Great to hear you can negotiate with them on price....!