• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: tasmania

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

tasmania

Trying to find out what the work prospects are for painting and decorating in Tas. My partner is a trade lecturer in yorkshire UK but is willing to go back on the tools.Any advice Jane
      Last edited by talisman; 08-08-2007 at 09:56 PM.

Title
      proud grandparents
      Liked
      699 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      hi talisman
      if you go on to seek .com.au or careerone.com.au you will find jobs in tas hope this helps keily ..
      LIFE IS A COIN , YOU CAN SPEND IT ON WHATEVER YOU WISH , BUT ... YOU CAN ONLY SPEND IT ONCE

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Keily, thanks for the advice, been on seek.com can find decorating work all over but not much in Tas. Sent off TRA seems like we have been waiting for it coming back for ages. Are you going to Tas? How far along are you with your Visa are you? Jane

Title
      proud grandparents
      Liked
      699 times
      Rep
      Blog Entries
      hi jane
      were hopeing to go to perth as we have friends thare. just resubmitted the tra hope to find out this week .//
      LIFE IS A COIN , YOU CAN SPEND IT ON WHATEVER YOU WISH , BUT ... YOU CAN ONLY SPEND IT ONCE

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Keily,
      Perth seems to be a very nice place. I know of two friends that are going to Perth at xmas. Been told there is lots of work for decorators there. Still cant decide Perth or Tas. Tas house prices seem cheaper. Did you see the tv programme on Perth? All the best Jane

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

hi

Hi all

Im going back home to Tassie (I was born in Hobart) after 23 yrs in the UK, only this time im taking back my hubby and 3 kids! (aged 11,8,18mnths and all boys!), We are hoping to be out there by Feb 08 if all goes according to plan but we all no that doesnt usually happen! hahahahaha

I am lucky in the sence that i have a huge family in Tassie waiting for us to arrive and to help us as much as possible! We are moving to Forcett for a bit ( coz thats where my Aunt lives and we are staying with her!) but at the moment we have no idea as to where we want to live in Tassie but it must be somewhere near my family. We are hoping to lodge my Hubby's spouse Visa in the next 2 weeks or so, so keep fingers crossed that we get it quick.

Any way thanks for taking the time read this!!!! :)

Summer

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

My client has just come back from Tas

Hi , im a hairdresser and my client has just come back from there. He was thinking of moving there with his ozy girlfriend (but not now) He said their was not alot of work and it was very agricultural and it went really cold. The weather is just like ours.
      Good luck with everything xxxxxxxxxxx nicky

Title
      Liked
      33 times
      Rep
      Hi there not sure where they stayes iin Tassie sure we get cold weather but we had 3 frosts this year it is currently 23 degrees. and we have a drought in the Midlands. I havent worn a coat all year .Not sure what part of the UK is the same as Tassie as I sure didnt live in that part!! It is bright most days its not grey as in the UK. As for work this weekend in the Mercury there was 8 pages of jobs ( cant recall any for farming) Hobart is booming, But then I love the place so I am a little biased

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi sounds a great place, do you know any painting and decorating contacts? My O/H is looking for work. We hope to arrive after xmas. Hard to find work there from the UK.
      Thanks Jane

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Painting & decorating inTas

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
      Hi sounds a great place, do you know any painting and decorating contacts? My O/H is looking for work. We hope to arrive after xmas. Hard to find work there from the UK.
      Thanks Jane
      Hi Jane

We are hoping to go to Tas next year, so I have been busy reading other peoples posts about it. I remember on one of the forums I go that someone was saying that Bridgewater is an up and coming place with lots of new houses going up, so decorators may be needed in that area. It may have been on British Expats website, there are quite a few people posting on there who are in or going to Tas.
      Good luck anyway.
      Carina :)

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast