Fishing on Margate Jetty

crispysince70

Wow, what a great afternoon and evening we've jsut had fishing off of Margate Jetty. The weather was glorious, now wind, 26 degrees, and a perfect setting. The fish were biting, though they were only tiddlers, but hey, what can you expect from a Jetty.

Anyhow it keeps the interest going when you keep getting a few bites. Ended up coming home with a couple of decent size flat heads to add to the stock pile in the freezer.

Just trying to decide what to do tommorow, maybe take the kids for a bike ride on seven mile beach. Here's crossing my fingers that the weather doesn't turn in the morning.

Chris x

Yes, have to agree it was a perfectly glorious day here - and has been for the last few days.

I took a 6 and 3 year old to Taroona Beach - they insisted on going in the water and insisted they weren't cold (!?) - then we went to Long Beach at Sandy Bay for an icecream and they spent hours (literally) throwing stones in the water. What is it with little boys and throwing things in the water? I didn't mind, though, it was such a beautiful day just to sit.

O'h that's great we love Taroona Beach, it's really lovely, and it's also the only place that I've been swimming in the sea in all the time we've been over here ( only 10 months, lol )

Are the boys able to skim the stones yet? we used to love doing this when we were visiting the parents in France.

Looks like we might have to cross our finger for the weather tomorrow though!!

Have fun!!

Chris xx

Are the boys able to skim the stones yet? we used to love doing this when we were visiting the parents in France.

Chris xx

No - apparently the size of the stone/rock and the size of the splash is much more important at the moment!

There was a young dad showing off his skimming skills - but his son (who must have been all of 15 months old) seemed unimpressed.:cute:

The very patient lady near the 2 young boys making sure they didn't throw themselves in the sea was me! :biggrin:

I am totally mystified how they can get such enjoyment from stone throwing - it must be a boy thing!

However, it was such a beautiful day that I couldn't complain.

I think "refreshing" or "invigorating" are always the words of choice when swimming in the sea here!

Wow, what a great afternoon and evening we've jsut had fishing off of Margate Jetty. The weather was glorious, now wind, 26 degrees, and a perfect setting. The fish were biting, though they were only tiddlers, but hey, what can you expect from a Jetty.

Anyhow it keeps the interest going when you keep getting a few bites. Ended up coming home with a couple of decent size flat heads to add to the stock pile in the freezer.

Well done Chris but don't forget the bag limits. "In possession" means also in your freezer, and yes, I do know of instances when they've asked to look in folks's freezers, albeit on camp sites.

Well done Chris but don't forget the bag limits. "In possession" means also in your freezer, and yes, I do know of instances when they've asked to look in folks's freezers, albeit on camp sites.

Really, I've not heard of that before, we had better get them eaten then. By the way, when my mum and dad were fishing off of Margare Jetty a couple of weeks ago, and old guy managed to land a 5ft thresher shark. I would have found it hard to believe if my mum had not had it on video.

Chris x