Has Anyone Applied for Tasmania Sponsorship Recently?

Guest canadiantooz

Guest canadiantooz

Just wondering if someone applied to Tassie SS recently and waiting for it? How long it takes for application processing? I applied last week and waitning for the outcome.

Cheers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest siamsusie

Hi there,

KellyJamie recently had Tasmanian state sponsorship.. I dont believe it took them very long at all. The appear to have whistled through a few this year.

Good luck

Susie

Guest canadiantooz
Sorry, I should also say that we had been in contact with the Tassie department off and on for a year or so and met them in person while we were there so that may well have helped the process go quickly.

Wow, that was really quick but credit goes to your good planning and communication with the Tassie department. Have you got our visa yet?

Guest canadiantooz
We also got it about two weeks.

Did you have a strong interest from the employer? Congrat. and good luck with your visa app.

Did you have a strong interest from the employer? Congrat. and good luck with your visa app.

We had a strong interested employer and after applying for a visa in two weeks a CO and 4 weeks later our visa. :twitcy:

Now we're waiting for our house to sell and we're off!! :wink:

We had a strong interested employer and after applying for a visa in two weeks a CO and 4 weeks later our visa. :twitcy:

Are you saying your visa took 6 weeks to come through from when you applied? Wow! :shocked:

Good luck with the house sale!

Guest canadiantooz

Good luck with selling the house and your move!

Guest canadiantooz
Not yet - just applying (online) literally now.

Exciting times! :biggrin:

Agreed, it must be exciting. Good luck with your visa app.

Guest canadiantooz
Yes, applied for a 176 visa on the 14th of January and got our visa on the 21st of February!! We where completely shocked!!

Crossing my fingers for your visa application!!

It is amazingly quick as compared to some of the other states.

Guest raynornina

Hi There,

those who have got SS from Tas...... Have you all had to "obtain job offer or strong interest from a local employer"

Its just we are looking at applying for SS from Tas but my partner is wanting to become self employed.

He has got his own garage over here so was just going to try and relocate and start business over there.

thanks and congrats to those who have got there SS. X

• 2 weeks later...
Guest canadiantooz

I am pleased to inform you that my application for 176 Tasmania SS is approved. Now getting excited to lodge 176 visa application ASAP.

Does anyone know the how long it takes currently to get 176 visa from DIAC as Tassie SS applicant.

Cheers

I am pleased to inform you that my application for 176 Tasmania SS is approved. Now getting excited to lodge 176 visa application ASAP.

Does anyone know the how long it takes currently to get 176 visa from DIAC as Tassie SS applicant.

Cheers

Congratulations!

No idea how long it takes. We submitted our 176 application on the 6th of June and the status hasn't been updated yet (although it's pretty soon admittedly!). I'll update the sticky thread when we have a CO assigned etc.

Good luck!

Guest canadiantooz

Thanks everyone. Please share once you get your visas. It's nice to see few families are moving to Tassie.

Cheers

We submitted our 176 last September, got a C/O assigned a week before Christmas, had medicals in Jan and visa was granted early Feb.

Best of luck to all new visa hunters, we're just waiting on exchange of contracts on the house and then we'll be booking flights!

Colin n Sam