looking for rental in adelaide and 2nd hand car market ???

jollyswagman

Hi there moving to adelaide april 09 ,due to a late job offer as we were going to brisbane originally and have been researching that area solid for last 12-18 months so all at sea now as dont know adelaide very well at all ,we are looking for a 4 bedroom house fairly close to city preferably furnished but will look at unfurnished ,and also need to know where to shop for a good 2nd hand car if anybody out there can help me as its now 7 weeks and counting !!!!!! also if you see this thread and fancy selling adelaide a bit please feel free because we are going fairly blind ,thx for looking , swagman thumbsup.gif

Guest tinbasher

Hi there,

If you go on realestate.com and look at the rental properties that may help you. When we looked for a rental we contacted all the realestate agents in the areas that we wanted and they have lists that they up-date daily. If you get on their good side they are very helpful and go out of their way for you, I know it's a long way but give them a call or drop them an email. It is well worth it. With regards to cars there are lots of showrooms down Port Road, which is near the town centre or Grand Junction road which is not too far away or the A10 (not sure what the road is called though). We got our car from a Mazda garage down Port Road.

Hope that helps a little.

Mrs TinB :smile:

Guest just jo

Hi

If you want to stay fairly close to the City it will obviously bump your rental costs up a bit. look on realestate in these suburbs, Goodwood, Fullarton, Norwood, Medindie, Payneham, Wayville, Unley, Mitcham, St Peters, Underdale and Rose Park. Obviously I don't know your budget but these are all expensive areas to buy in so be careful where you rent as you may not be able to afford to buy in these areas.

For second hand cars, Adelaide is mecca. You could spend a week just going up and down Main North Road. My advice when buying a car would be get a Toyota, Ford, Holden or Mitsubushi. Parts are readily available for these cars and any old garage will service them, be wary of cars like Kia which are difficult to get parts for and you can only go to proper Kia garages where they can rip you off, so speaks the voice of experience. Always haggle over the price and don't forget you'll have to pay stamp duty on the car you buy. We paid $880 on a $19,000 car. You would be better off hiring a car for a week or so. Contact Brian at Aussie Car rentals

Car Hire Adelaide / Cheap Adelaide Car Rental in South Australia / Australia / Aussie Car Rentals Car Rental in South Australia he has helped many migrants through this site and adbrits and will look after you no question. He has cars for sale also.

Jo

Guest donovan
Hi there moving to adelaide april 09 ,due to a late job offer as we were going to brisbane originally and have been researching that area solid for last 12-18 months so all at sea now as dont know adelaide very well at all ,we are looking for a 4 bedroom house fairly close to city preferably furnished but will look at unfurnished ,and also need to know where to shop for a good 2nd hand car if anybody out there can help me as its now 7 weeks and counting !!!!!! also if you see this thread and fancy selling adelaide a bit please feel free because we are going fairly blind ,thx for looking , swagman thumbsup.gif

Hiya check Adelaide bound web site out, here is the link Adelaide Bound - making migrating to Adelaide, South Australia easier. Info for those wishing to emigrate to South Australia

Good luck

Sarah x

Guest Mylady's O/H

Hi

Try the Meet and greet in South Australia.

This Meet and Greet Service is a volunteer service that welcomes skilled independent migrants to South Australia. This unique service, provided by the Government of South Australia, is designed to help you settle quickly into your new home. The free service is performed by volunteers from various cultural and professional backgrounds, many of whom have been migrants themselves and are sensitive to the needs of new arrivals.

If you are going on a permanent skilled visa you are entitled to the full Meet and greet(includes accomadation of 3 months):wink: If you are going on a Temporary skilled visa you are entitled to some of the Greet and Meet services offered but unfortunately no accomadation.:mad:

Accomadation is a 3 bedroom house depending on the number of people.

click on the link below to take you to the GREET AND MEET SOUTH AUSTRALIA.

If it doesnt take you there just copy and paste it into a new browser.

Make The Move :: Meet and Greet Service

Please research the site as I think you need to give them 6weeks notice before arriving.

Hope this helps,Please let me know how you got on.

Archived