Sanctuary Lakes

I'm a 61 year old divorced lady leaving the UK to start a new life in Australia. I have bought a house in Sanctuary Lakes with my son (he's lived out here 4 years) and his partner. We are hopefully moving in within the next 2 weeks but I don't know anyone out in Oz and I'm feeling quite isolated and homesick. It's even more difficult being single. Is there anybody else in SL about my age looking for friendship who'd like to meet up for coffees, lunches etc. Carol

H Carol, I am not living local but just want to congratulate you on such a brave move. I am sure when you get there there will be clubs etc you can join. If you have the confidence to move I have every faith in things working out for you. Good Luck

Katy

All the best Carol, we are coming for a recce trip and will be visiting PC, Sanctuary Lakes and around to make our minds up if we want to buy a place out there.....maybe we will bump into each other (watch out for 3 dodgy looking men and a pretty lady roaming your streets!)

Cheers

KnK

• 3 months later...
Ha ha, have you visited yet? What did you think?

Delayed response due to website challenges but short quick answer is no. We have decided, for now, to not explore the West. We like the north and have our eyes on Ringwood and surrounding areas as it's an easy drive into the CBD (which is where I am pretty certain to end up working)

All going extremely slow due to the slowdown in the housing market so until we sell our home in the UK we are staying put. So close but so far :)

Hope all's going well for you with settling down and enjoying a new life!

KnK

Delayed response due to website challenges but short quick answer is no. We have decided, for now, to not explore the West. We like the north and have our eyes on Ringwood and surrounding areas as it's an easy drive into the CBD (which is where I am pretty certain to end up working)

All going extremely slow due to the slowdown in the housing market so until we sell our home in the UK we are staying put. So close but so far :)

Hope all's going well for you with settling down and enjoying a new life!

KnK

Hi Ken & Karen

Good to hear from you. Although I've bought in SL I am now in the UK trying to sell my house here. Nothing is selling at the moment because of the recent referendum Exchange rate is also pretty crap at the moment so think you're doing the right thing for now in staying put.

Carol

Hi Ken & Karen

Good to hear from you. Although I've bought in SL I am now in the UK trying to sell my house here. Nothing is selling at the moment because of the recent referendum Exchange rate is also pretty crap at the moment so think you're doing the right thing for now in staying put.

How are you finding it, being home?

How are you finding it, being home?

Frustrating because I can't sell my house. People are too frightened to commit to a mortgage at the moment so the property market isnt moving. Enjoying the British summer though, beats the Oz winter any day!