Recently separated in Sunshine coast and needing new friends :(

Hello, Just feeling abit out of touch as recently separated... Moved here 6 years ago from the UK, 2 children 14 and 11. Don't get a lot of time off but at weekends, maybe like to meet up with anyone who finds themselves in a similar position, or just wants a cuppa and chat (or something stronger!) It just feels abit weird going to friends places on my own now who used to know me when I was a twosome!:smile:

• 3 weeks later...

yeah sounds so familiar I moved from the UK many moons ago and ended up in the US. which became my home and I met and married a girl from California, we decided to apply for the 189 visa[skilled permeant res] which we got and then moved first to Adelaide then on to Bunbury where I set up a small business, a home etc. I loved it. She became home sick, then with the loss of a child hood friend she went back to the US. I had to sell up and walk the old haunts while undoing our life in oz. I have just got back to the US. to do the same here and will be back down under in a month or so look for fresh stomping grounds, friends and opportunities with a 14 year marriage behind me… its not fun, so I know where you are coming from

Hello, Just feeling abit out of touch as recently separated... Moved here 6 years ago from the UK, 2 children 14 and 11. Don't get a lot of time off but at weekends, maybe like to meet up with anyone who finds themselves in a similar position, or just wants a cuppa and chat (or something stronger!) It just feels abit weird going to friends places on my own now who used to know me when I was a twosome!:smile:

yeah sounds so familiar I moved from the UK many moons ago and ended up in the US. which became my home and I met and married a girl from California, we decided to apply for the 189 visa[skilled permeant res] which we got and then moved first to Adelaide then on to Bunbury where I set up a small business, a home etc. I loved it. She became home sick, then with the loss of a child hood friend she went back to the US. I had to sell up and walk the old haunts while undoing our life in oz. I have just got back to the US. to do the same here and will be back down under in a month or so look for fresh stomping grounds, friends and opportunities with a 14 year marriage behind me… its not fun, so I know where you are coming from

Well, when you are back and if near the Sunny Coast, get in touch. At least we would have something to talk about! What part of the UK are you originally from?

Im Janine by the way.:cute:

Upwards and onwards I think they say!

yeah Janine

might just do that ...as I haven't stuck in a pin in the map yet, But one thing for sure not heading back to Bunbury. Originally from Yorkshire Sheffield. where on the Gold coast are you located?

K.

Dont hesitate to Pm if you have any other questions

Well, when you are back and if near the Sunny Coast, get in touch. At least we would have something to talk about! What part of the UK are you originally from?

Im Janine by the way.:cute:

Upwards and onwards I think they say!

Just want to wish you both well in the future! It's difficult adapting to being on our own post divorce however, we do eventually adapt and then life becomes a little more simpler. Enjoy the positives of being on your own. I hope somone comes along soon that can offer you support.

Thanks... its a hard road to travel but it has to be walked before you can start running and rebuilding ...its the starting point that is the hardest I think

Thanks again

K.

Just want to wish you both well in the future! It's difficult adapting to being on our own post divorce however, we do eventually adapt and then life becomes a little more simpler. Enjoy the positives of being on your own. I hope somone comes along soon that can offer you support.