Wanting to meet fellow poms in Narangba

We have been living(renting) in Narangba for the past 4 months as I have a job over here now and finding it very difficult to meet people socially outside of work colleagues that I know. I appreciate it is early days for us living out here but it would be good to make some friends early if possible? We have a teenage daughter who is starting to settle into school life now and also making some friends. Are there any other fellow poms that would like to meet up for a chat or in a similar situation to us?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all

OH & I arrange 3 monthly get-togethers in a park in North Lakes. The next will be Saturday 11 July, 2pm til you have to go, at Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes. BYO food, drinks, etc. There are free electric bbqs, play equipment, half-pipe skate bowl, off-leash dog area & a huge playing field for kicking a ball. We usually get about 10 families (with & without children) so enough people to have a chat to without feeling swamped.

You'd be very welcome!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Next get-together will be Saturday 10 October, same place, same time, same BYO. You'd be very welcome!

Hi Pat.

Barbara and myself (Pete) are returning to Australia in November after two cold years in the UK

and will be settling in the Narangba/Burpengary/North Lakes subject to finding a suitable rental.

We are both retired but active and would like to meet up with other similar expats or locals for

friendship/coffee/whatever or join a group such as yours if possible.

If possible can we contact you after our arrival with a view to joining your get together as this would be

a great way to integrate we feel.

Pete and Barbara

G'day guys ... not surprised you are returning to OZ ... 2 winters in the UK enough to make anyone return ..

We, Angela and Steve .. have been in OZ for 8 years .. not intention of ever going back to UK ... we have 4 teenagers .. and live in The Gap ...

Would be great to get together for drinks etc when you arrive ... will be nice and warm by then too ...

Get in touch ...

Angela and Steve :cool:

G'day guys ...

Just noticed that you organise a gathering ... got excited ... hope you don't think I'm being cheeky ... but would love to join you !!!

We, Angela and Steve, have been in OZ for 8 years ... been so busy with teenagers and careers ... never sorted out our own social lives ...

Now, really ready to have some fun ... and enjoy everything that we came here to enjoy ...

Hope to see you soon ..

Angela and Steve

Hi Angela and Steve, thanks for your post.

We won't be in Brizzy until late November but certainly we would like to meet up either via Pat's monthly meets or just

to chill out somewhere.

We are staying in the CBD area for 2 nights on the 23rd and 24th November before doing an Airbnb in the Kallangur area

as we were thinking of locating somewhere in the Northern Suburbs, renting that is.

We are open to suggestions however if you feel other areas are worth considering.

Do you have an e-mail or contact telephone number which we could contact you on nearer our arrival time please.

Thanks once again,

Pete and Barbara.