Looking for like minded ladies to have a few drinks with and a good old giggle.

javi1979

Hi ladies,

Myself (35), hubby and two young children 3 and 5 arrived in Brisbane a few weeks ago.

I really want to form a nice network around me to really help settle.

It'd be great to meet other ladies aged between 30-40 in the same boat who'd maybe like to meet up and go for a few drinks in the city and just make some new friends.

Javi x

Javi, welcome to Brisbane!

OH & I do 3 monthly get-togethers for migrants in North Lakes. The next will be Saturday 18 October, 2pm til you have to go, at North Lakes Park/bbq area (also known as Aurora Bld Park), Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes. BYO food, drinks, chairs. We usually have about 8-10 families turn up, so not too big to start chatting and get to know people.

Any specific questions - just pm me.

• 3 months later...

Hi ladies, do you still meet up and if so would you be interested in another member? I'm 45, been here about 10 weeks, have both young and older kids (!), and am in need of some social scene! Cheers

Live south Brisbane way, mount gravatt, happy to travel tho.

Hi all

Next get-together will be Saturday 17th January, 2pm til you have to go, at Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard (behind Bounty Boulevard School) North Lakes 4509.

BYO food, drinks, etc. There are free electric bbqs, off-leash dog area, kids' play equipment & a half pipe skateboard bowl.

Usually about 8-10 families (with & without children) turn up. It's a good way to find new friends & make new networks.

You'd be very welcome!