Shared Container

emmaroo

Just wondered if anyone who shared a container could shed some light on how long it took your shipment to leave the UK as we have asked for ours to leave at the end on Jan but we were told they could not give us a definite day as we only had a half container! Not much good when your trying to plan ahead!

Thanks in advance

Emma

:cute:

Just wondered if anyone who shared a container could shed some light on how long it took your shipment to leave the UK as we have asked for ours to leave at the end on Jan but we were told they could not give us a definite day as we only had a half container! Not much good when your trying to plan ahead!

Thanks in advance

Emma

:cute:

Hi Emma,

We sent our boxes (4.5 CBM) in a shared container too but our agent knew the shipment dates. In fact they have a container leaving every month. So we knew exactly when it was going to leave. We took our boxes 1st week of November and it left on the 15th.

In your case, I guess that they ship the container when its full and thus they combined shipments from different people together. I guess they don't fill it in every month then!?

Sorry to hear you could not plan this, surely its a pain in the ......

Cheers

B!K3R

Sorry to hear you could not plan this, surely its a pain in the arse....

Cheers

B!K3R

Yes, its a big pain as we have a rental waiting for us but we cant say when we will be able to move in as we dont know when our furniture is going to arrive!

Thanks for the reply!

:hug:

Just being nosey but how did you manage to get a rental sorted when you are still in the UK?

JOHN

Hi John,

We have managed to rent a house from here too. It's not a common thing especially where the demand is very high like Sydney. We're off to Brissy though.

Most people will tell you its a BAD idea since you would really need to see it before and know what you're going into really. But if you have someone there that can check the place for ye, then there are ways to secure a rent.

And no!!!! Not through letting agents! PM me if you'd like mate and I tell ye what I did if you are interested. It's not easy, but you might get lucky.

We definitely were and will be saving a fortune! Motel for 2 days and then straight to our house :wink:

Cheers

B!K3R