I need advice with regards to vic 176 please! Gollywobbler, migration agents,anyone??

Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

Hi all

As you know Victoria have released their SMP list which is great, however the bad thing for me which looks like it could prevent me from lodging an application is that I am registered as: Carpenter & Joiner 4411-11

It states on the VIC SMP list, Joiner 4411-13 and Carpenter 4411-15. The one I am registered under is not on the list. I and my agent have recenty contacted Victoria and they have replied with the usual 'robot default' answer: Please see below.

Dear Matt

Thank you for your email.

As stated applicants must have an occupation on the Eligibility list, and the skill assessment and visa application occupation must match the sponsored occupation.

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced that a quota of nominations would be allocated to each state or territory for off-list nominations through the Skilled-Sponsored (176 and 886) visa. Note that all applicants for visa nomination by the Victorian Government must nominate an occupation from the Victorian Government State Sponsorship Eligibility Lists. The reference to 'off-list' is a DIAC term and any extra nominations have been incorporated into the Eligibility lists.

Kind regards, Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

I understand they have criteria to meet but come on this is very petty if they refuse me. I was lodged as Carpenter & Joiner because this was still on the VIC critical skills list back in 2008 before they removed Carpentry and Joinery all together.

I chose Carpenter & Joiner because with the details Australia provided on both trades, I ticked most of the boxes in both so to be on the safe side I chose them both.

But from what that email reply says, is that they are basically going to decline me even though I have met the skills criteria and I also completed the Vetassess Carpenter Level III exam. So surely this clearly indicates that I have chosen one of them trades, just not registered seperately.

I really need help and advice from any professionals out there. Gollywobbler or anyone please send me your suggestions and advice.

Cheers

Matt

Oh dear matt what a pickle. I'm sorry I'm useless at giving out any advice there are plenty of agents on at the mo who will deal with you. :err:

Guest VickyMel

Ohhh Matt

How awful.... :hug:

Can you maybe ring them and try and speak to someone there in person and try and chat about it?

It seems that it is a close call and may be more related to the changes involved in the occupation codes.

Alternatively - no real idea but was there some sort of way that you culd get the code reassessed when it was a small change - no idea but seem to remember seeing something re this when the codes were changing.

I'm sure someone will be along who knows for real.

But heck I want you in VIC for that constant supply of fig rolls.

Hope you can sort it

Vicky

Guest smithys

Hi Matt,

I'm sure all is not lost

I think I remember someone in the Cat 3 thread specifically having their code changed due to it being so close to the old one and being 'lost in translaton' as it were.

I really hope common sense will prevail here as the two codes are clearly the same trade in all intents and purposes.

Good luck and hope someone can give you a definite answer or solution. x

Ohhh Matt

How awful.... :hug:

Can you maybe ring them and try and speak to someone there in person and try and chat about it?

It seems that it is a close call and may be more related to the changes involved in the occupation codes.

Alternatively - no real idea but was there some sort of way that you culd get the code reassessed when it was a small change - no idea but seem to remember seeing something re this when the codes were changing.

I'm sure someone will be along who knows for real.

But heck I want you in VIC for that constant supply of fig rolls.

Hope you can sort it

Vicky

Hi VickyMel,

Lol yeah Fig Rolls, I have no idea if they sell them over there. It they dont then I will import them and then perhaps make millions selling Fig Rolls to Aussies. Great Idea VickyMel :cute:

I have spoke with my agent and she has informed that the ASCO code cannot be changed. I am very tempted to contact VIC state by phone but do you happen to know the opening times roughly? I have searched the website but cannot find the opening times.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I'm sure all is not lost

I think I remember someone in the Cat 3 thread specifically having their code changed due to it being so close to the old one and being 'lost in translaton' as it were.

I really hope common sense will prevail here as the two codes are clearly the same trade in all intents and purposes.

Good luck and hope someone can give you a definite answer or solution. x

Hi Smithy

I would like to give VIC state a call and discuss this over the phone rather than have email ping pong with their replies being the usual default ones.

I have the number to contact, just searching for the opening times.

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt :hug:

I'm sorry to read about the problems you're having.

I really hope and pray that common sense will prevail here and that you get a good outcome.

I think sending a pm to Gollywobbler is a great idea, she will definately steer you in the right direction. Maybe even one of the agents who post on here may be able to offer a nugget of hope. Who knows they may even have someone in the same position as you.

Matt, I'm keeping everything crossed for you, I remember when I was pulling my hair out at the beginning of this, how you helped so much.

Hugs

Lorraine x :hug:

Guest GemandJay

Oh Matt

That is soooooo bl**dy unfair and seems f'ing stupid. My OH is a carpenter and joiner by trade too but when we started the process in Feb 09 our agent said we'd have to pay double for the Vetasses as he'd need to do a test for Carpenter and Joiner! We went for just a Carpenter as we thought if he'd need to he could do the joiner one later down the line!

Seems ridiculous that you are over qulaified for waht they are asking and surely can see that you are a Carpenter AND a Joiner, 2 for the price of 1!!!!

Good luck hun and try and keep ya chim up..... more fig rolls neeeded perhaps???

Take care Gemma x

I would ask your agent to telephone the VIC Government's Skilled Migration Team - or to send an email to your agent's contact in that Team.

The key is to ensure the ANZSCO/ASCO Code on the form 1100 stamped by the VIC Government matches the skills assessment classification.

Best regards.

Bumping - come in Matt where are you.

Fingers crossed hope it went positively

Hi VickyMel and Gemma,

Thanks for being concerned ladies, give us a hug :hug:

Well I stayed up Wednesday night and rang VIC at 11.30pm, 12.20am, 1am and then got up early and rang again at 6am. And everytime I rang, I got the automated reply saying that 'they were very busy and couldnt come to the phone'. They then provided me with an email address to contact regarding applications, but this is the email I already contacted them on last week and received the automated response.

So Im back to square one.

Probably going to try again on Monday or Tuesday and hope I can get through.

I could lodge my application and see what happens, as I dont have much to lose. :sad:

Matt

I would ask your agent to telephone the VIC Government's Skilled Migration Team - or to send an email to your agent's contact in that Team.

The key is to ensure the ANZSCO/ASCO Code on the form 1100 stamped by the VIC Government matches the skills assessment classification.

Best regards.

Hi

My agent couldnt get through to VIC as they were swamped with applications and queries regarding the new SMP list. The only form of contact was through email and even then my agent and myself received the same automated reponse.

Is it possible to change the ASCO code?

On the VIC SMP list is:

Joiner 4411-13

Carpenter 4411-15

However, I am registered as Carpenter & Joiner 4411-11 and have been informed that I 'must' be on the SMP list. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do or whether they would accept my application?

Thanks for taking the time to add to the thread, much appreciated,

Cheers

Matt

Hey Matt,

How are you holding up?

I keep checking to see if you have posted anything cause I really want to read that you've had some positive news.

I wish that I could help. I hope that by replying this has bumped your post back to the front and maybe someone will be able to offer you a solution.

Lorraine :hug:

Hey Matt,

How are you holding up?

I keep checking to see if you have posted anything cause I really want to read that you've had some positive news.

I wish that I could help. I hope that by replying this has bumped your post back to the front and maybe someone will be able to offer you a solution.

Lorraine :hug:

Hi Lorraine,

Thanks for your concern but need to worry as i have now lodged an application to VIC. I spoke with my Agent last week, had a long chat and discussed options so instead of waiting around we decided I should lodge.

Thats been done and we also attached the issue with my ASCO code along with the application and my agent wrote a letter explaining the situation. So hopefully some kind minded person will read it and provide a common sense decision.

Also, my agent contacted QLD and asked if I would be rejected or be frowned upon if I were to apply to another state and we received confirmation, that no action would be taken against me. So on that note we decided to apply. :cute:

I wont hear back now for several weeks, probably the new year now so just gotta wait it out, again! :arghh:

I best pop to the shops on the way home from work and get me some fig rolls in.

How are things with you Lorraine?

Cheers

Matt

Guest VickyMel

Great to hear things are moving again.

FYI Mongobear "Uli" has set up a VIC timeline thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/99554-new-vic-smp-where-you-now.html

A well as nagging him mercilessly (who me :wink:) I added a few things in a post on the thread that I remember about VIC SS applications.

One thing Matt - VIC really don't like you applying elsewhere and they seem to have a way of finding out if you have - just be aware. Hopefully you will hear quickly.

Glad things are happening

VickyMel

Hi Matt,

First things first, I'm relieved to see that you make sure you always have a ready supply of fig rolls - stressful situations require lots of them with gallons of tea! :laugh:

I'm glad that you and your agent decided to lodge applications to VIC and QLD. I really hope that you get a good outcome and maybe even some great news for christmas or new year.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your next post, but in the meantime I'm sending good positive vibes to the peeps in VIC & QLD for you.

As you can see from our timeline, we recently lodged a SS application to SA, really hoping for some news soon as the time is running out for us on Ian's work experience.

Hey who knows Matt, if we both get good news before the years end we might be cracking open the bubbly. Or we could crack open a pack of fig rolls and a pot of tea if you prefer??????? :idea:

Let's just hope that we all of us anxious peeps on here get some good news soon. :hug:

Cheers

Lorraine x :wub:

Archived