Anyone living in Buderim area Brisbane. Thinking of moving there ?

ausdreamer

My husband, daughter and I are moving to aus on 30th April 2011. We were going to base ourselves in Buderim. Any info on the place would be great. We would be looking to rent.

Picked Buderim for it's position. We would like to be near mountains, beach and country. We have visited Aus four times since 2001 and did not get a good look at Buderim.

Thx

Guest guest30038
My husband, daughter and I are moving to aus on 30th April 2011. We were going to base ourselves in Buderim. Any info on the place would be great. We would be looking to rent.

Picked Buderim for it's position. We would like to be near mountains, beach and country. We have visited Aus four times since 2001 and did not get a good look at Buderim.

Thx

Buderim is nicely situated for what you want but if you intend to work in Brizzy, it's a fair commute.

For myself, I'd rather live in brizzy and commute to "leisure" at weekends than live near "leisure" and commute 5 days a week to work.

In certain parts of Brizzy all the things that you've mentioned can be accessed within a 30min drive, or less.

kev

Guest cazbeckham

Hiya

We live in Buderim just near the Sunshine Coast Uni so not on "Top of Buderim" with the rich and famous although with our surname we should be.

We dont remember coming to Buderim on previous holidays but when we got here and did a reccie of the area we fell in love with it.

We have been here for two yars on 20th Oct and absolutely love it. We are about 10k to Mooloolaba's beaches and waterfront cafes/restaurants and just over an hour away from Brissie.

We are retired so do not hanker for the City life for work. WE would not be anywhere else but the Sunshine Coast.

Send me a pm and I will give you our details and you can contact us when you arrive and we can meet up for a beer or three.

What visa are you coming out on and what work do you do and will you be working in Brisbane?

I know Kev said it's a fair commute but a lot of people do it then come home at the end of the day to the beautiful Sunny Coast.

Good Luck

Buderim is nicely situated for what you want but if you intend to work in Brizzy, it's a fair commute.

For myself, I'd rather live in brizzy and commute to "leisure" at weekends than live near "leisure" and commute 5 days a week to work.

In certain parts of Brizzy all the things that you've mentioned can be accessed within a 30min drive, or less.

kev

Thx Kev. My husband might have to consider this, as he will have to commute if he is unable to continue with his contracting job and work from home. We have looked around a few places on our visits over the last 9 years. There are so many lovely places to live.

Out of interest, how long have you lived in Aus?

Thx, Heidi

Hiya

We live in Buderim just near the Sunshine Coast Uni so not on "Top of Buderim" with the rich and famous although with our surname we should be.

We dont remember coming to Buderim on previous holidays but when we got here and did a reccie of the area we fell in love with it.

We have been here for two yars on 20th Oct and absolutely love it. We are about 10k to Mooloolaba's beaches and waterfront cafes/restaurants and just over an hour away from Brissie.

We are retired so do not hanker for the City life for work. WE would not be anywhere else but the Sunshine Coast.

Send me a pm and I will give you our details and you can contact us when you arrive and we can meet up for a beer or three.

What visa are you coming out on and what work do you do and will you be working in Brisbane?

I know Kev said it's a fair commute but a lot of people do it then come home at the end of the day to the beautiful Sunny Coast.

Good Luck

Hi Caz. I have sent you a pm...

We have 176 Visa...my hubby is hoping to continue with his IT contracting job but based in Aus....we won't Know if this is possible until next year. Can't imagine his company saying no as he works from home.

Exchange rate is bad at moment. Hope it improves!

Looking forward to that beer now.

Heidi

Guest guest30038
Thx Kev. My husband might have to consider this, as he will have to commute if he is unable to continue with his contracting job and work from home. We have looked around a few places on our visits over the last 9 years. There are so many lovely places to live.

Out of interest, how long have you lived in Aus?

Thx, Heidi

15 yrs Heidi.

kev

Buderim is lovely, mind you have only spent a few weeks there, My Mum lives there at Panorama on Buderim, has great views of the Glass House Mountains and across to Mooloolaba. Really easy access down to Mooloolaba whether you drive or not.

My Mums partner commutes to Brisbane everyday, takes him about 1hr 10 on a straight run. But obviously he would love to work closer but the site he is on just happen to be in Brisbane for the time being.

If you do visit Buderim drop in to the Tavern for a seafood platter... awesome and great views!! We will be back there in Feb for quite some time and cant wait. Defo worth a visit to have a good look.

• 6 years later...

Hi Kev

I have family 489 visa and planning to come buderim with family, would like to seek information from you , I am IT professional . I see there are no jobs in IT , Can you just give me little bit information about jobs, what kind of jobs are available to survive at least for one year ? man thanks in advance

kev

Archived