2213-79 (.NET Developer) or 261312 (Developer Programmer)

Guest davemc

Hi All,

I had plannin on submitting my 2231-79 (.net) skills assessment on saturday, but I see it's no longer on the SOL list.

I've checked the schedule 3 doc (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule3.pdf), and 2231-79 is no longer listed. But 2231-17 (Applications & Analyst Programmer) is.

I've read on some sites, that 261312 requires 5+ years experience?

I've got a Bachelors degree + over 4 years experience.

The ACS PASA doc states that I'll be group A if i have a bachelors degree, with 2+ years experience.

Can someone tell me the official line on getting 261312 assessment?

Would 2213-17 be equivalent to 261312?

Any help much appreciated - my head is fried.

David

My boyfriend got 2231-79 (.Net) as well, the he did reassessment to 261312 Developer Programmer and got it. He got Bachelor of IT and also Master of IT with 2 years experience working as .Net Programmer. I do not think I've read anything about requiring 5 years experience.

You should be OK if you have IT degree with 2 years experience thus eligible for group A as far as I know.

Thanks for the replies guys - I'm gonan go for the 261312 and hope for the best.

I've been unable to find any literature on the ACS site detailing the precise requirements of the ANSO / ANZSCO codes, so feck it. Gonna get it submitted this weekend.

Thanks again.

My experience was that you need to look at the criteria ACS assesses you against for your occupation and make sure your references and CV emphasise it. IMHO, there's just someone in ACS matching keywords when they do the assessment.

I'm sure the ACS do a bit more than match keywords :-)

Cheers

Peter

well i've always been curious as to why it takes 3 months and costs $400 to have a skills assessment!

read all literature sent with application, do a few reference checks... sure that could be done in a week?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest newguy2010
well i've always been curious as to why it takes 3 months and costs $400 to have a skills assessment!

read all literature sent with application, do a few reference checks... sure that could be done in a week?

Well you haven't factored in the time they chat in the office for most of the time or get pregnant again thus be in absence for 3 months and the time they hold the meeting to discuss how to get more money for their Xmas party.

• 1 month later...

Guess you managed to get the reply from the ACS by now, how did you go?

I remember doing mine, took ages to do it all and 3 months for me to get it back.

If you have any sharepoint experience my company is after somone in Perth.

bbor - it's in the post. Hopefully be here in less than a week :) mad curious to know how i got on :) I'll be furious if i don't get it!

Alienfeet - congrats.

Roll on Oz :) and more importantly - NSW SMP :)

Guest Mongobear
I'm sure the ACS do a bit more than match keywords :-)

Cheers

Peter

Hey Peter,

a special question for you. I've been assessed via RPL back in Dec. 2009. I'm now going for a reassessment. Do I have to write the whole RPL again or is the old data the ACS has on record sufficient? I've addressed all CBOK sections in my "old" RPL.

I've asked this question to the ACS as well but they've just responded with irrelevant copy/paste crap.

Cheers

Uli