State Sponsorship - South Australia VS West Australia

Guest stacywilder

Guest stacywilder

Hi

I am a Computer Programmer specializes in Dot Net Technologies.

I want to have state sponsorship of South Australia or West Australia.

Can anyone tell me which will be suitable for me in terms of Job security. I have searched a couple of job search engines to find out weather there are more IT jobs in Adelaide or in Perth, and I found Perth having a little more IT jobs than Adelaide.

But I am looking forward to your responses such that I can make a wise decision on where to move where I have a little job security. Also tell me other key differences that i should keep in mind while deciding.

Thanks

You are correct, there seems to be slightly more IT jobs in Perth, but IT seems to be getting quite important priority by the SA gov. I also understand that the market there is picking up quite a lot of late. Also consider that Adelaide has a lower overall cost of living and is less isolated.

I myself had to make a similar decision and selected SA so we are heading out there in 2011.

Perth does however seems like a lovely city too tho. So either way you should be okay :-)

Etienne

We had to make that decision too, neither is a hot bed of opportunity in IT (Sydney or Melbourne would be far better) but there are more opportunities in Perth and a boom is predicted, lead by the resources sector.

A fantastic place to live but expensive to get away from!

Archived