Holiday suggestions

Guest guest36187

Guest guest36187

We are looking at a holiday next year....well a go see and do holiday and then a do nothing one!!!!!!

The Cook Islands and Bora Bora are jumping out at me right now. Any other ideas?

Looking for a child free holiday for the relaxing one!

Been to Melbourne, Perth, Cairns, Sydney and Whitsundays

Guest brooksey

I can only coment on where i've been around here . Fiji is ecellent. The people are out of this world. We got married on Sonasali island which is a 5 min ferry to the mainland and the town of Nadi. But you have a choice of loads of smaller islands some of which only have 2 guests per island.

Borneo with a stopover in Kl is great.

For the ultimate kidless holiday with pure relaxation it has to be an adult only island in the Maldives.

Footwear was actualy banned on the island we stopped on and the 4 hour seaplane ride to the island watching rays and dolphins below was awsome.

• 2 months later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Scarborough, Jan or february, :wink:

You beat me to it, i was going to say Bridlington.:laugh::chatterbox:

But on a serious note................ don't make the mistake we made when we went to Brid.............. we went for the day and you need at least a day and a half to see everything. lol

I told the wife that if we lived in Brisbane our holidays would be to, Sydney, Fiji, New Zealand, the great barrier reef etc.

Do you lucky people still think about holidays like us poor souls in the sunnyless uk?

Do you need to go on holiday when you have fabulous beaches on your door step?

Don't answer.................. i can feel your smugness already.:laugh:

You beat me to it, i was going to say Bridlington.:laugh::chatterbox:

But on a serious note................ don't make the mistake we made when we went to Brid.............. we went for the day and you need at least a day and a half to see everything. lol

I told the wife that if we lived in Brisbane our holidays would be to, Sydney, Fiji, New Zealand, the great barrier reef etc.

Do you lucky people still think about holidays like us poor souls in the sunnyless uk?

We do, Jim!

As you say we are lucky to live in a lovely place, but it hasn't taken away our wanderlust to still keep discovering new places.

And as you know you're always welcome to pop into ours when you get here!

Sue x

Guest The Ropey HOFF
We do, Jim!

As you say we are lucky to live in a lovely place, but it hasn't taken away our wanderlust to still keep discovering new places.

And as you know you're always welcome to pop into ours when you get here!

Sue x

I Sue and thanks for the offer.

Has your holiday choices changed, me i only want sunshine and beach holidays because i live in Iceland, sorry i mean England.:chatterbox::cry:

So, do you still crave thes types of holiday still?

Or do you want holidays to see things more?

Guest guest32776
We are looking at a holiday next year....well a go see and do holiday and then a do nothing one!!!!!!

The Cook Islands and Bora Bora are jumping out at me right now. Any other ideas?

Looking for a child free holiday for the relaxing one!

Been to Melbourne, Perth, Cairns, Sydney and Whitsundays

I love the Maldives - and given the fact they are sinking due to global warming you have to go in the next few years. Most of the islands are not 'no children' but in my experience (have been to about 6 resort islands) there are very few kids as it is so boring there for them and all the honeymooners frown at the commotion they cause.... The snorkelling and diving is absolutely superb - baby reef sharks frolicking in the shallows, sting rays snuffling in the sand around your water bungalow and lovely reefs just nearby in crystal clear water. I don't know if cost is an issue for you at all but you can easily go 'all inclusive' and join the 3 times a day buffet crowd... Watch the weather though, I made the mistake of a July trip once and it rained incessantly with little squalls blowing over...

Just a suggestion have you thought about NZ? Flights are not too expensive and there are some lovely places to visit. My favourite place is the Bay of Islands Bay of Islands, New Zealand about 2-3 hours north of Auckland. A great place if you want a stress free relaxing holiday. There are also heaps of activities you can do there, such as Kayaking, dolpin watching or hiking.

Happy holiday hunting.

J

I Sue and thanks for the offer.

Has your holiday choices changed, me i only want sunshine and beach holidays because i live in Iceland, sorry i mean England.:chatterbox::cry:

So, do you still crave thes types of holiday still?

Or do you want holidays to see things more?

Hi Jim

Australia is such a big country and so diverse that we want to spend time seeing as much of it as we can. We did a road trip up to Airlie Beach recently, stopping off at Bargara, Yeppoon, 1770, Agnes Waters and Childers and did some whale watching at Hervey Bay on the way back down.

We have also managed Byron Bay and Sydney as a family and my hubby has been to Melbourne and the NT with work. Not bad since we've only been here 19 months, and we've done it all on a budget too.

We'd like to go to New Zealand as well and all the other lovely nearby places there are...I love a bit of sea and sand but there's so many other things to see and do as well as that..it's lovely to have the best of both worlds!

Sue x

Guest guest32776

I certainly think about holidays still - Australia does have lots of good beaches, granted, but in Northern Queensland from December to May it is cyclone season and generally tips it down everyday , is unbearably hot (way too hot to sit on a sunbed if you weren't so scared of the sun here), and you can't swim in the sea unless you want to wear a full body stinger suit as there are killer jellyfish. When my partner and I go away we fly up to somewhere in Asia - as we so miss culture here (don't shoot me for saying it but Australia can seem fairly bland/dull ; I am not meaning 'culture' in a snooty way) - the proximity to Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos etc is great - the places are fantastically cheap, food is fantastic, filled with exciting culture, fabulous shopping and bargaining and bizarre incidents .... The distances to go on holiday in Australia are so great you may as well fly to a fantastic, and new place where it is about 1/8 of the price!!! You also get to meet interesting, like minded people who are travelling..

Guest guest36187

For us our holidays are about relaxing adn being together! Well, this one is anyway!!!

There is so much to see and do in Oz as others have said. Saying that, when I drive 2 hours up coast to Buderim to see my mum adn Dad, thats a holiday to me! I may only have 2 nights there but I usually feel like I have had a week away!

(In a good way!!!)

Guest The Ropey HOFF

I wish i had never asked it sounds fantastic, but............................... enjoy it folks you deserve it.

Winters starting here in the uk, it can't last 7 months like last year can it?

You beat me to it, i was going to say Bridlington.:laugh:

Went to Bridlington/Filey many years ago, well, 55 years ago and there was this bloke, I think his name was Billy Butlin, trying to make people enjoy themselves. It was piddling down, the summer temps were about 5 deg above freezing...I don't think he was winning.:no:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived