Tassie visit this weekend

skipjack

Hi all Tassie people. I'm flying over from Vic next weekend (22nd May) for my first police exams. If anyone is around for a coffee it would be good to meet up for a chat and some pointers on suburbs and stuff. Post or PM me. I'll mainly be in Hobart for 3 or 4 days but I'll have a rental car so I can travel.

Much appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kate, Thanks for asking and I've just got news that I have passed the first stage ! - although there are a few more stages to go. If all goes well, and I get invited to the main stage (interview and physical testing) in a couple of weeks and then Fiona will come out with me to see whether she likes Tassie.

I did manage a couple of days to look around and even managed to get to Devonport. Driving through the country to the North was very beautiful. As for Hobart, I'm not too sure on the surrounding suburbs and didn't really get a good feel of where we would like to settle. So with a bit more time I hope we could find somewhere that feels like home.

Sorry to everyone for not recently posting and replying to PMs. I've just started a new contract job last week and it's meant some long hours - still, keeps a bit of money coming in while I try for the the Police.

Guest siamsusie
Hi Kate, Thanks for asking and I've just got news that I have passed the first stage ! - although there are a few more stages to go. If all goes well, and I get invited to the main stage (interview and physical testing) in a couple of weeks and then Fiona will come out with me to see whether she likes Tassie.

I did manage a couple of days to look around and even managed to get to Devonport. Driving through the country to the North was very beautiful. As for Hobart, I'm not too sure on the surrounding suburbs and didn't really get a good feel of where we would like to settle. So with a bit more time I hope we could find somewhere that feels like home.

Sorry to everyone for not recently posting and replying to PMs. I've just started a new contract job last week and it's meant some long hours - still, keeps a bit of money coming in while I try for the the Police.

Hi Skipjack,

I am sorry we werent around for your visit to Tasmania... albeit we are based in the north... it would have been lovely to have caught up particularly when you were Devonport way which is only 40 mins from us... a lovely town and I love seeing the boats and the Spirit of Tasmania moored in the city centre:biggrin:.

I do hope your exams went well Skip and that you are on the road to the police force here in Tasmania. My husband does have family in Hobart so we know it fairly well but there are other PIO'ers who are Hobartians and I am sure they will help you out as far as areas are concerned... namely Skani, Em & Paul, Happy Lass etc

Please do feel free to pm us when you are next in Tasmania.. we do both work away but it would be lovely to coincide a time for you to come and have a lunch/dinner with us. We're on the west Tamar River.

Best wishes

Susie :wubclub:

Archived