Patio doors and window suppliers.(Victoria).

Mike@Bonbeach

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a company in Australia(Victoria)that sells windows/patio doors that are draught free?

We moved into a brand new house just over two years ago and the windows and patio doors are rubbish. With the patio doors fully closed against the wind the blinds actually get blown around. We've had the original builders back to investigate and they say there is nothing wrong. Even the fitter said they are rubbish but normal quality.

We had a doors/window rep around yesterday from a 3rd party to give us a quote for replacement and he said that all domestic doors and windows are the same and that we would need to get commercial rated windows/doors to ensure no draughts, and they would be megabucks, and if we wanted them double glazed then add at least another 100%.

Where are Everest and Anglia Windows went you want them.

Any suggestions please?

Mike

Hi Mike, sorry to jump on your thread, but we manufacture windows/doors etc here in UK and you aren't the first person to say how bad they are over there. I am now wondering whether we could set up again over there? Are your neighbours suffering like you too? I see an opening there(excuse the pun!)

Pam

Hi Pam

I would think that you could probably do quite well as long as the prices were similiar to UK prices.

We live on a new estate of about 150 houses and although I haven't spoken to everyone,the ones I have spoken to agree with me.

Double glazing is virtually non-existant unless you live next to a highway. Winter can be surprisingly cold here in Victoria especially when the wind blows.

People are surprised when you tell them that double glazing also helps to keep a house cool in the summer.

Go for it.

Mike

Guest proud2beaussie

Sorry about that Mike,but perhaps you could ring them,maybe they would be able to put you in touch with someone?.

Archived