Baby food in Singapore

pumpkinpie

We leave for Sydney in 2 weeks where we have a stop over in Singapore. Our baby is only 8 months so I'm wondering what to do re baby food after we land in Singapore.

Can I pack some jars in my case? I've heard your not allowed to carry food. Does anyone have any experience of buying baby food jars in Singapore? Are they easy to get hold of?

I think I'd prefer to go the jar route as we'll be eating out so won't have access to a blender!

TIA!

Hi Tia,

I had a 2yr old, and a 7hr stopover in Singapore. I had planned to use the SMA follow on milk for her as you can buy that after you clear security at the airport, but totally forgot. I ended up managing to get the cabin crew to heat me up fresh milk for her, but it wasnt that straight forward. I then tried to buy some in Singapore, but the chemist I found didnt have any British stuff. I did see a few jars of baby food, asian brands, but not much.

You can carry food, there's only the liquid restriction, and then the restriction on certain foods when entering Australia. I took tins of food before. Also, I'm pretty sure they have baby food in Boots, so even once through security, you could buy them. Try calling them up to find out, and they will even keep them aside for you. I did that with the SMA on a previous trip. Tins would be better than the glass jars just in case they smash. Heinz do little tins of food. This also wont count towards your hand baggage weight, as baby essentials are extra.

Just stayed in Singapore for three days and there were plenty of visitors with babies and young children around we travelled with Singapore airlines as well and they were lovely to people with young ones.

ALSO WHEN i travelled with my daughter when she was young we took food with us as she is a type 1 diabetic just declare no problems

Thanks for that guys! We're flying with Singapore Airlines, I did call them and they suggested buying airside or buying tins rather than jars (as jars I'd have to open and taste!! ). I'm thinking if I bring enough for the 2 days we're in Singapore then I won't have to spend time searching in the Supermarkets/chemists.

Archived