Electricity Bills !!

Guest nicolasteve

Guest nicolasteve

Got my electric bill in and couldn believe it when it was $770 dollars for a quarter!!! I got the climate smart people out last year as i was concerned with the cost of electric as my bill for the same period last year was $556. I have been so careful turning everything off at night, not leaving anything on standby, hardley using the air con, not using lights when room not in use etc etc.

I have racked my brains as to anything else i am using thats different and the only thing i can think of is my son has got a Playstation 3 in the last 3 months, but surely this is not going to up my bill by over $200 a quarter.....or is it??

Not a happy bunny, everything just seems to be getting more expensive all the time here!! Its getting to the stage where there is more going out than coming in!!!:confused:

Guest Guest31881

Thats a hell of a bill, mine comes in at around $245 a quarter, but I do not have air con. have you compared the two bills to see if you are physically using more, or are they charging you more per unit.

I agree with Colin, thats a whooper of a bill. Mine also came today and with a pool,the house, ambulance cover and Garys garage its only $445, although the largest bill i have had was a year or so ago and was nearly $600.

Is there anyway you can check if an appliance is eating electric?

Cal x

I agree with Colin, thats a whooper of a bill. Mine also came today and with a pool,the house, ambulance cover and Garys garage its only $445, although the largest bill i have had was a year or so ago and was nearly $600.

Is there anyway you can check if an appliance is eating electric?

Cal x

the rates went up a few months ago about 18%

the rates went up a few months ago about 18%

Yes they did here too but mine is only a few bucks more than normal , its normally around the $400/$420 mark. The OPs is a massive climb though,, even taking the raised rate into consideration.

Cal x

Guest nicolasteve

Just read up on the PS3 and i think that could be a contibuting factor, but over $200 on same bill last year even though i have been extra extra careful and been checking my climate smart monitor is a bit confusing:confused: Going to compare bills properly later and ring AGL tomorow. Thing is my oven hob and hot water is ran by gas so i have a gas bill too : ( .

Guest MSTO

I can totally sympathise with you....I pay $280 per month this has just recently gone up from $250 as $250 was not covering my quartely bill. When we first moved into our house it was 3 years ago it was $130 a month and stayed at that for about 18 months. I put mine down to getting a plasma but I still think it is extortinate that it has gone so high.

Just read up on the PS3 and i think that could be a contibuting factor, but over $200 on same bill last year even though i have been extra extra careful and been checking my climate smart monitor is a bit confusing:confused: Going to compare bills properly later and ring AGL tomorow. Thing is my oven hob and hot water is ran by gas so i have a gas bill too : ( .

Good Luck,, i hope for your sake its a mistake or a faulty appliance.

Cal x

Guest mtcosby

bills have increased since we have been here ... and only been here just over a year..... to help me with gas/elec/water I pay each week out of my wage..I pay $50 for elec everyweek and $50 every 3/4 weeks for water and gas.. so far weve not had any extra to pay when bil comes in.... I pay mine through bpay.... its a pain to pay each week but at least we dont get a shock when bills finaly come through door... hope this helps you...... I had a very high water bill and questioned that.... think it very gready fat cats who run these companys....... :(

Got my electric bill in and couldn believe it when it was $770 dollars for a quarter!!! I got the climate smart people out last year as i was concerned with the cost of electric as my bill for the same period last year was $556. I have been so careful turning everything off at night, not leaving anything on standby, hardley using the air con, not using lights when room not in use etc etc.

I have racked my brains as to anything else i am using thats different and the only thing i can think of is my son has got a Playstation 3 in the last 3 months, but surely this is not going to up my bill by over $200 a quarter.....or is it??

Not a happy bunny, everything just seems to be getting more expensive all the time here!! Its getting to the stage where there is more going out than coming in!!!:confused:

One word AIRCON

Archived