introduction x

Guest scally wag

Guest scally wag

Hi to all,

Have been lingering around PIO for a while, thought I would introduce myself.

I am Caroline, nurse, have visa since 08 and validated in Perth. Hope to be moving to Brisbane bayside area in August with my partner Liam (sparkie) and my 2 boys Jack (11) and Sam (6) House sale going through so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum and chatting to you good peeps!

The smilies are mental! They scare me :laugh:

Scally

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi Caroline

Welcome to PIO, there are quite a few nurses on here so I am sure they will make you feel at home. Good luck with the house sale, hope it all goes through.

Kate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maidbabes

Hi

Welcome back.

I am in the Bayside-Cleveland and from same profession as you!

If you have any questions fire away.

I have 3 boys,17,15 and 12yrs.

we have been here since 2004.

Wishing you luck with your plans-its an exciting time.

BTW why are you not heading back to Perth ?

night night :SLEEP:

Guest scally wag
Hi

Welcome back.

I am in the Bayside-Cleveland and from same profession as you!

If you have any questions fire away.

I have 3 boys,17,15 and 12yrs.

we have been here since 2004.

Wishing you luck with your plans-its an exciting time.

BTW why are you not heading back to Perth ?

night night :SLEEP:

Hi Maidbabes,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

We are looking to settle in the Bayside area, so I may have plenty of questions for you!

Are you a Nurse? I am currently a lead nursse in a busy inner city practice, main area is chronic disease. I run my own clinics for our population in diabetes, COPD and asthma. Also do all cytology, childhood immunisation program, travel clinics etc.. Lots of paper work, target work and of course meetings for meetings. I am hoping to move to ward work, but unsure, as i do not have ward skills a such, I feel I would be starting out again ? Any info would be great!

The nuring thread has been a great source of info!

To answer your question re Perth. Well, lets just say for now 'personal preferance.' :wink:

Caroline x

Guest maidbabes

Hi Caroline

guess what have done nearly 6 years here in Oz as a GP practice nurse,then moved into Qld health ,I am a program coordinator for the state wide service known as Coach-it is telephone based self management of chronic disease- by RN's.We are managing CAD,T2DM and next soon COPD.

Very strange that our paths have crossed.

GP nursing is one of if not the poorest paid branch here ,I like you did paps diabetes clinics etc am a midwife,nurse immuniser and did coporate vaccinations,health assessments ,medical exams ,never enough hours in the day but still earnings are low.

Ward work here is also very different to UK,but its a personal preference thing isn't it:yes: It is certainly better paid.

Fire away with questions but would prefer you to PM them as they are my opinions only and like to keep things reasonably private.

Anyway good luck and hope you get here soon,nice chat by the bay would be nice .

Hi to all,

Have been lingering around PIO for a while, thought I would introduce myself.

I am Caroline, nurse, have visa since 08 and validated in Perth. Hope to be moving to Brisbane bayside area in August with my partner Liam (sparkie) and my 2 boys Jack (11) and Sam (6) House sale going through so fingers crossed.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum and chatting to you good peeps!

The smilies are mental! They scare me :laugh:

Scally

Hi Caroline

Welcome to the forum. We live in the Brisbane Bayside area and LOVE it. It has so much to offer for families.

I hope the house sale goes through really smoothly and that you are on your way out here really soon.

See you in August!!

Love

Rudi

x

Archived