How long until your house sold?

Elliott-Family

Our house went on the market about 6 weeks ago and went under offer within the first three days (on the first viewing)! Couldn't believe our luck as the buyers were in a rental and wanted a quick exchange but were happy to complete to suit us ........ We were due to exchange next Friday when the buyers pulled last weekend - due to a change in personal circumstances. House now back on the market :cry:

We did think it was all too good to be true - when it looks as if it's all going quickly, it's not necessarily gonna keep going that way :mad: Really feel for you - cannot imagine how you must be bearing up. They say the buyer is always out there someone - I will have everything crossed that yours comes along very soon!

Hi Claire

Know exactly how you feel, not sold ours but it has been on the market for 14 months now, two viewers, first one fell thru, 2nd one loved but cant sell theirs, reduced by 10k but validating visas in 4 weeks so will probably change EA when we come back from hols.

Hope you have some good luck soon.

Debbie

xxx

Hi there

Our house is now under offer, after only few days on the market. Touch wood, we are now waiting to exchange contract ASAP. The buyer is someone who is coming back from Oz, while we are on the way out there.

We feel lucky because we live in London, where our house is near to the underground, and have been renovated for the last two years.

Regards

wijaya

Ours went on the market Jan 2009 and we didn't even get a viewer till March... who put an offer in...but a week later it fell through as their sale fell through.

In July after very few viewings we changed EA's

We didn't get many viewers in the latter part of last year, and only a handful this year. However a viewer who came in Feb and loved it but hadn't sold their own,has now sold theirs and come back with an offer. This was only last week, so early days... fingers crossed for a smooth ride now.

BTW we had reduced our price 3 times since it first went on the market and the price we accepted in the end was just over 15K less than it started out at!!!

Guest mandy1970

Our house has been up for sale for 2 years.

We are fed up with our life on hold so we are now in the process of getting info about letting our house.

Guest annemarie and brian

I know exactly how you feel our house was up 22mths and we have just sold a gone through a couple of months away so hang in there it shall happen when you least expect it.

annemarie xxxx

Guest Janeloz

We were very lucky, we sold in 13 days to a family who already had a buyer for their place, and for the price we wanted. Good luck to everyone that is still trying to sell. Fingers crossed for you.

Guest janetridley

We were really lucky... we put the house on the market last November and caught a small sudden surge in buyers in our area and sold within 4 weeks. We had just renovated the whole house though... My only advice would be talk to your estate agent and see if there are any quick renovations you can do to make your house more appealing to buyers. I heard recently that house prices have gone down slightly in the UK so maybe you could review your price again?

We've been living in Australia for 5 weeks now and although we did well with the sale of our house, the timing was terrible for exchanging our money. We haven't got as much as we thought. Maybe the delay for you will be a good thing as hopefully after the election the pound might recover a bit against the Aussie dollar and the British economy will get stronger.

Good luck to you... I hope you sell soon

Janet x:hug:

We didn't sell ours - we gave it away after 2 years. Well thats how it felt to me anyway. £55k less than the asking price. Damage limitation in the end as we were already living in Aus and it was costing more in utilities to keep the house empty in the UK than it was to live here.

T

Archived