Crown Dab Radio CDR240

valandbaz

Just on the offchance does anyone have one of these and can confirm it works in Australia. From previous threads I gather your dab radio has to be dab+ to work which I don't think the Crown is. Have to tried to find info on the net but no joy. If nobody can confirm I won't bother packing it. Shame though, nice little radio.

Guest siamsusie
Just on the offchance does anyone have one of these and can confirm it works in Australia. From previous threads I gather your dab radio has to be dab+ to work which I don't think the Crown is. Have to tried to find info on the net but no joy. If nobody can confirm I won't bother packing it. Shame though, nice little radio.

I am using the Pure radios digital here Val and they are working fine both in WA and Tas... but they are not digital per se. Personally i would pack it:hug:

Guest siamsusie

SS pure are digital
Yes Mally I do know that! but my versions are Digital and not Digital Plus! They still work for me in WA5 or Tas which was what I am saying!!.. cheers

Yes Mally I do know that! but my versions are not Digital Plus! They work quite differently here in WA or Tasmania than in London for example but they DO work... cheers

All thet is different is the frequencies , as aus is just getting started it will be a bit before you get the whole band , its the same as the fox austar , its possible to fiddle with the signal coder

Guest siamsusie
All thet is different is the frequencies , as aus is just getting started it will be a bit before you get the whole band , its the same as the fox austar , its possible to fiddle with the signal coder

There was a very nice member here who did give me the Digital Plus Code for Pure , I have yet to play around with it because the Pure Radios I have here are working beautifully. Whether this is so when Tas goes fully digital in the years to come who knows but until then I just enjoy my radios:biggrin: and that applies to WA as well.... works a dream lol. The Digital running commentary showing who is on line/DJ etc/Talksport doesnt work but thats fair enough.

Guest iselinger

DAB & DAB+ are different!

If your radio is only DAB the digital bit will not work in Australia. The FM bit which it almost certainly has as well will work fine.

Some sets are upgradeable from DAB to DAB+ either by downloading new software or if they are relatively new they may already have the DAB+ software which just needs to be turned on using an unlock code from the manufacturer. I unlocked both of my Pure sets to use DAB+.

Contact your manufacturers support department for the definitive answer on whether your set can be upgraded to DAB+

http://www.crowncorporation.co.uk/service.asp

Guest siamsusie
DAB & DAB+ are different!

If your radio is only DAB the digital bit will not work in Australia. The FM bit which it almost certainly has as well will work fine.

Some sets are upgradeable from DAB to DAB+ either by downloading new software or if they are relatively new they may already have the DAB+ software which just needs to be turned on using an unlock code from the manufacturer. I unlocked both of my Pure sets to use DAB+.

Contact your manufacturers support department for the definitive answer on whether your set can be upgraded to DAB+

It was YOU that kindly gave me all the information I totally forgot your name.. You are totally correct there Iselinger my radios are prob working on FM. and they work well.. must get Mr Siam to sort out those codes from the manufacturers, we sent for them and received them last month. Thank you for that info that was v. helpful.... Best wishes Susie :wubclub: