Barrs Iron Brew

stevie ellis

Guest sunnyday
Can you buy iron brew in Perth ? like it in my Vodca 50 50 mix ,

Haven't seen iron bru for years, used to go looking for empty bottles as a kid to give to the ice cream van for penny sweets:laugh: was it 8p a bottle??

Guest sunnyday
Sure wis i mine that aswell , ats a blast fae the past:biglaugh:

innit:biggrin: Good luck with finding it in Perth for your 50/50 mix:wink:

Guest sunnyday
I used to get 5p/bottle which would get 10 halfpenny chews. Haven't had Irn Bru in ages but.

Remember getting penny sweets from the shop and forgot to give my money, went in and the guy gave me a free penny sweet for being honest - I was buzzin':biglaugh:

Nothing to do with iron bru sorry!!!

Hey fleabo at wud mean your aler than us eh? Iron brew get a shelf te its sel in the shops in Aberdeen:cute:

'Iron Brew' - is tha' nae the sasanach version o'the mighty drink Irn Bru? They make Iron Brew fae kitchen foil doon there. :biglaugh:

:biglaugh: Ats right but can you buy it? We wis in perth in 2007 and i got some fae a butchers shop but canna mine far.

hi steve ....was that the butchers in secret harbour by any chance ...cause i know they do sell it .....also a wee stall at freo markets have it ...but it is costly ...ya might need to change to coke in yer voddie :biglaugh:

mrs keily

hi steve ....was that the butchers in secret harbour by any chance ...cause i know they do sell it .....also a wee stall at freo markets have it ...but it is costly ...ya might need to change to coke in yer voddie :biglaugh:

mrs keily

If i mine right it wis in Joondalup beside a woolworths a think , my youngest lad noticed it , the shop wis closed but a managed to persuade the man to sell me a few bottles o it, a wis fair chuffed ma vodca tasted better after at. Price ys al d we out something else so i can buy ma brew:biglaugh:

Guest sunnyday
'Iron Brew' - is tha' nae the sasanach version o'the mighty drink Irn Bru? They make Iron Brew fae kitchen foil doon there. :biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

Guest guest33730

Apparently Coles in Adelaide have it and it's not too expensive so it may have got to Perth as well!!

Daniel

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
30P for a returned bottle now!

Cannae go boatle beeling noo, naebudy takes them back. For the record, when I was wee it started at 8p a bottle which was enough for a packet of polos. A cone was 10p so you'd need cold hard cash too if you wanted an ice-cream.

I'm hoping to be in Perth Jan 18 (Jan `17 if the job and financial fairies are nice but that's not about to happen lol). I think I might just fill all the nooks and crannies in my move cube with Irn-Bru and make my fortune by flogging it at a triple mark up which will still likely be lower than Woolies will be charging.

Archived