Joint Bank Account

Guest LongDistanceLove

Guest LongDistanceLove

My partner (in the UK) and I (in Australia) are wanting to establish a joint bank account so we can both deposit into it and save money to go towards the costs involved with his future visa application - this will also no doubt be able to be used as proof of relationship etc further down the track.

Can anyone suggest a bank that will allow us to obtain a joint account which we would be able to apply for in our current countries? (hope that makes sense... meaning I dont have to fly to the UK to open acct).

Many thanks in advance :cute:

Guest pablofet1

My husband and i have recently opened a Westpac account which i did all online. We were told that we could validate our account by showing passports either here in uk (london) and in Oz.

Hubbie is planning on heading out a little before myself and children so we wanted the account ready for him to use. It is a joint account so i can validate here and he can validate here before he leaves or when he arrives in Oz

Mel:biggrin:

Hi Mel,

We opened ours with the Commonwealth Bank when I was here on a tourist visa. My husband is an Australian citizen by birth so it was very easy to do. I don't know if it would be possible to do this if one of you is abroad but they will be able to tell your partner at the branch or over the phone.

Best of luck. :smile:

Archived