what suburb is best?

Guest matt n family

Guest matt n family

Hi guys!!! we're new to this site so a little rusty! we are looking to make the big move to Oz. We have friends living in Hope Island, Santa Barbara, we've been looking at areas surrounding this and Pacific Pines keeps popping its head up, does anyone have any info they can share with us about this area or even suggest other areas to look at? we are a young family of four both children under 3 so looking for a family orientated area.

kind regards

Hi and welcome to PIO, I am sure people like Cal or Rudi would be able to help.

Kate

Unfortunately I can't help much because I don't really know about those areas. I know Pacific Pines does have a lot of British people on it and it does seem very popular.

Hopefully some others who do have some more first hand knowledge will be able to help you.

Sorry I can't!

Love

Rudi

x

Hi Pacific Pines is very popular with new british familys, it is a purpose built development with its own schools, shops, skate parks etc.

It gives easy access to the highway for Brisbane or other parts of the coast which seems to be the appealing factor for lots of familys.

Overall it isnt a bad area the only negatives you seem to hear are its turning into mini england and some of the plots are quite small giving more of a uk estate feel(compact).

Definately worth checking out when you arrive, a few more popular places nearby are Coomera and Oxenford.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest guest30038

My only opinion on any suburb at the moment, due to recent events, is stay away from the water and live as high up as you can. Floods, tsunamis, king tides, seem to be more prevalent than when I first came here

kev the doom monger

Guest welshgirl25

Hi I have posted many questions on here in different places and have had great replies. Anyway we are planning to move to oz in sep (finalising paperwork) however we were planning the brisbane area, but my agent has suggested to go more north of queensland, can anybody suggest a good area. i am a nurse oh industrial window cleaner, 3 kids 18,,11,7. The children have a big interest in rugby and gymnastics so would be looking for good clubs to join.

Hi Pacific Pines is very popular with new british familys, it is a purpose built development with its own schools, shops, skate parks etc.

It gives easy access to the highway for Brisbane or other parts of the coast which seems to be the appealing factor for lots of familys.

Overall it isnt a bad area the only negatives you seem to hear are its turning into mini england and some of the plots are quite small giving more of a uk estate feel(compact).

Definately worth checking out when you arrive, a few more popular places nearby are Coomera and Oxenford.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Very much like North Lakes.

Hi I have posted many questions on here in different places and have had great replies. Anyway we are planning to move to oz in sep (finalising paperwork) however we were planning the brisbane area, but my agent has suggested to go more north of queensland, can anybody suggest a good area. i am a nurse oh industrial window cleaner, 3 kids 18,,11,7. The children have a big interest in rugby and gymnastics so would be looking for good clubs to join.

Redcliffe! or the peninsula.

i don't know why he'd suggest nth qld,jobwise nurse is ok ,ok any :ware but industrial window cleaner you;d think would be better in a capital city.:yes:

You may find this site good to locate a gymnastics club. Gymnastics Queensland

There are some decent ones in the Brisbane area, but I am not sure what there is outside the regional capital.

If you have a girl who is doing gymnastics, the best club around is Moreton Bay.

Love

Rudi

x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest rayman1

We stayed in the Bayside area. Wellington point, Ormiston, Thornlands all nice areas but be careful about the costs of anywhere within the Brisbane area. It is one of the fastest growing cities in Australia and the property prices are sky high. If you are looking for a 4 bed place with a swimming pool, like all poms are, it will be in the $500,000 plus price. If you have a good desposit excellent. A good indicator is a $450,000 mortgage over 30 years is $3000 plus a month. Be aware that it is not cheap living in Brisbane anymore.

All the best.

Archived