PIO in Tasmania

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Guest Taytoconnorrs

Hi

I'd love some advice on a few things regarding Tasmania if anyone can help.

I'm Irish and currently living in Sydney, its ok but I don't think I'll want to end my days here so I've been doing a bit of research and all things point towards Tassie. I'm just falling in love with it, I'm not working at the moment and spend all my time gathering information. Besides the obvious natural beauty and cooler climate - the friendliness of Tasmanians is a huge pull for me. I think it would be a wonderful place for us to start a family.

My wife (Aussie) works for the RSPCA so I'm sure she could get transferred to one of the Tasmanian shelters but I'm a graphic Designer and I don't see any job listings on the web in all of TAS which worries me. How easy is it to get a rental?

I'm doing my best to plan a trip to do a reccie soon, probably try and squeeze in Launceston and Hobart. Is there a PIO network in TAS?

Guest siamsusie
Hi

I'd love some advice on a few things regarding Tasmania if anyone can help.

I'm Irish and currently living in Sydney, its ok but I don't think I'll want to end my days here so I've been doing a bit of research and all things point towards Tassie. I'm just falling in love with it, I'm not working at the moment and spend all my time gathering information. Besides the obvious natural beauty and cooler climate - the friendliness of Tasmanians is a huge pull for me. I think it would be a wonderful place for us to start a family.

My wife (Aussie) works for the RSPCA so I'm sure she could get transferred to one of the Tasmanian shelters but I'm a graphic Designer and I don't see any job listings on the web in all of TAS which worries me. How easy is it to get a rental?

I'm doing my best to plan a trip to do a reccie soon, probably try and squeeze in Launceston and Hobart. Is there a PIO network in TAS?

Hi there, there are a few of us on PIo here in Tasmania and yes easy to get a rental, have you thought about any specific areas?:wubclub: Susie

http://ionata.com.au/portfolio/case-studies/jobstasgovau

Guest siamsusie
Launceston but think I might have to do a career change. Ideally a beer tester in boags
:biglaugh: there is a thought. and a nice drop of beer it is as well. ... my nearest city is Launceston.....regarding properties, yes renting is easy and of course cheaper than Sydney! Are you considering CBD or out in the country? There are some beautiful areas around Lonnie.

Career wise, if you give me more to go on I will certainly try and do a bit of research for you... just give me a few clues... graphic design seems a bit short on the ground... I have just given you the link to the Tassie Government site.

Best wishes Susie

Guest Taytoconnorrs

I know! its my favourite brew, I thought I could start slow and work my way up to chief beer tester in time.

Not sure where exactly where in the Launceston but probably away from the CBD. I'd happily live in the middle of nowhere as long as the scenery was beautiful and I could take off for a hike with a couple of dogs and a backpack but my wife needs to be around people more than me so I have to do my homework.

I'll check out the tassie gov website, that would be perfect as I am I corporate graphic designer,

Thanks for you very helpful advice

Guest siamsusie
I know! its my favourite brew, I thought I could start slow and work my way up to chief beer tester in time.

Not sure where exactly where in the Launceston but probably away from the CBD. I'd happily live in the middle of nowhere as long as the scenery was beautiful and I could take off for a hike with a couple of dogs and a backpack but my wife needs to be around people more than me so I have to do my homework.

I'll check out the tassie gov website, that would be perfect as I am I corporate graphic designer,

Thanks for you very helpful advice

There are some beautiful properties around in this neck of the wood, the scenery is breathtaking.... please feel free Tay to pm me if we can help you. If you do manage to set yourself up here I am sure you will have no regrets it is a fantastic island with wonderful people. Susie:wubclub:

Archived