End of a dream

Guest ClaireW

Guest ClaireW

Well hi and bye from me everyone - haven't posted for quite some time now.

We went over for a final decider trip to Perth in December and all of us absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately on our return home my husband spoke to his consultant who had been speaking to his colleagues and they have confirmed that they know of no-one who has ever got a visa with a kidney function of less than 70% (his is currently 56%) so we have had to forget the whole australia dream and we are devastated.

I know it's not the end of the world but at the moment we are in limbo and it feels like we have nothing to aim for at the moment - I'm sure a new goal and dream will come up eventually but in the meantime . . . well we have the memories of a fantastic holiday.

Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice and I wish you all the best of luck in the future.

Claire

Guest guest17301

Apply anyway or speak to immigration to be sure. You have 2 kidneys and lots of people survive with one only so depending on your husbands condition all may not be lost. I would speak directly with a panel Dr or immigration.

It may be worth speaking to a panel dr and someone who knows something about the medicals for Aus and what does pass. .... I thought it depended on what the prognosis was over the next few years and that it wouldn't cost the country anything. If your husband is fit and health and working with his condition ... there may be a chance. Worth looking into before you give up on your dream completly

hugs xx

Guest LukeSkywalker

Medical advances happen all the time. Failing that, then just live life as fully as you possibly can. I know that sounds trite, but keep your chin up and along with many others I'll keep my fingers crossed for some good news for you.

Ahh bless you, I am sorry if this is really the end of your dreams. Have you exhausted the medical side of it all.

I wish you all goood luck with the next steps in your futures. Hope you can maybe work towards having long holidays out there and maybe part/retirement in the future, there might be some hope to that.

Take care, Heidi xx:wubclub::hug::hug:

Please do not give up. As previously stated, anyone can get by perfectly well with one working kidney. Indeed some people are only born with one and never know about it.

Please get advice from a panel Dr and do not go on one Drs say so. I am in the medical profession and I know that one Drs opinion very often differs from another. Working in hospital I see this all the time.

Just because your husband's consultant didn't know of anyone who had passed meds in similar circumstances, does not mean there has not been anyone.

All the best.

Archived