Guest guest36187

Going to apply for immigration as a CPV, but was wondering would it be possible to apply onshore? would it be quicker? and what is the procedure, any information would be great as i dont know were to start.:err:

I would suggest you browse as widely as possible through this thread, and through the similar thread on British Expats – Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 71 : British Expat Discussion Forum.

I don't think there is any difference in spead of processing.

A few things to beware: You can only apply for an onshore CPV if at least one of you (you or your OH) are old enough to be eligible for an Aged CPV (ie, of Oz pensionable age), if you do not enter Australia "with the intention of applying for a CPV", and if the visa you have (eg, Tourist) has no "No Further Stay" restriction on it.

You'll find out a lot more by reading here and DIAC's Booklet 3 – Parent Migration (downloadable).

Good luck, Mike

Has anyone ever heard of a case where the CPV 173 temporary has been granted and then the CPV 143 permanent has been refused? I can't see any reason myself but how likely is this to happen? We are thinking of bringing forward our plans and moving over to Oz when we get the 173, and then assuming our house is sold, applying asap for the 143 and awaiting the 143 in Australia, 4-6 months I understand, but are a bit nervous about moving, lock, stock and barrel if there is a risk that the 143 might not be granted.

Just a bit concerned with all these changes, uncertainty with government, and reductions in family visas etc.

Hi

I do know that there were some refusals recently. However, I think these were complicated cases, where the applicants wanted to include a dependant in their visa.

One of the main reasons, I should think, considering the ages of some of the applicants, would probably be failing the medical. You do have to have police checks as well.

Also your sponsor and assurer need to show that they are earning a certain level, which DIAC consider sufficient to offer you support in your first 2 years.

Have a look here for details of Assurance of Support Levels:

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Hope this helps

Guest Gollywobbler
Can anyone tell me is there many unsuccesfull CPVisa applications, and if so what would be the reason, We r going to apply and looking into all the possibilities.

Hi Shez

No - there are very few unsuccessful CPV applications. The main things that cause them to be unsuccessful are:

1. The visa applicants do not meet the Balance of Family Test. This almost never happens to British applicants, where the number of children is small and you do not get hassles about the "customary adoptions" that happen in other parts of the world.

2. The visa applicant (or one of them, if they are a couple) does not meet the Health requirement for migration to Oz.

3. The visa applicant is unable to come up with the 2nd Instalment when it is required.

A few other things can derail the visa application as well but really very few. The DIAC website is reliable about making CPV applications, so is Booklet 3. Have you studied the Booklet and the "cue cards" about the CP visas?

If you are nervous about it, you could always instruct a migration agent to deal with it for you. Would doing that reassure you, do you think?

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Has anyone ever heard of a case where the CPV 173 temporary has been granted and then the CPV 143 permanent has been refused? I can't see any reason myself but how likely is this to happen? We are thinking of bringing forward our plans and moving over to Oz when we get the 173, and then assuming our house is sold, applying asap for the 143 and awaiting the 143 in Australia, 4-6 months I understand, but are a bit nervous about moving, lock, stock and barrel if there is a risk that the 143 might not be granted.

Just a bit concerned with all these changes, uncertainty with government, and reductions in family visas etc.

Hi Linday

The changes that you describe in your last sentence will never affect CPV applicants upgrading from a CPV 173 to the 143 because Contributory Parents are cash cows, my friend.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Going to apply for immigration as a CPV, but was wondering would it be possible to apply onshore? would it be quicker? and what is the procedure, any information would be great as i dont know were to start.:err:

Hi again, Shez

How old are you, please? How old is your OH if there is one?

The onshore Contributory Aged Parent is quicker to process because there are far fewer applications for them than there are for the offshore CPV. With the onshore CAPV, supply and demand are about equal so there is no need to keep the visa applicants waiting.

However the parent(s) must be in Australia at the time of applying for a CAPV and, if they are a couple, one of them must be old enough to be eligible for the visa:

Family - Visas & Immigration

By the way, I have moved your thread about success and Linday's reply into this thread because we are trying to keep all the information about Parent migration in the same thread.

Whereabouts are you at the moment, please? In Perth or in the UK?

Cheers

Gill

Hi

I am 47 and my OH is 50, we r in the UK just now, I think we do meet the Family balance test as we have a daughter in Perth WA and a daughter in the UK, if and when we get immigration my Daughter in the UK will apply for last remaining relative, Unless her skill is on the SM skills list when it comes out, soon i hope, she is a hairdresser,

A lot of thanks for ur kind reply every day is a school learning day for me on this immigration subject, just want to get it all sorted out in my head before we go ahead

Thanks Shez01:jiggy:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi

I am 47 and my OH is 50, we r in the UK just now, I think we do meet the Family balance test as we have a daughter in Perth WA and a daughter in the UK, if and when we get immigration my Daughter in the UK will apply for last remaining relative, Unless her skill is on the SM skills list when it comes out, soon i hope, she is a hairdresser,

A lot of thanks for ur kind reply every day is a school learning day for me on this immigration subject, just want to get it all sorted out in my head before we go ahead

Thanks Shez01:jiggy:

Hi Shez

Right, my love! You and your OH are both far too young for Contributory Aged Parent Visas! For a CAPV a man needs to be 65 or over to be eligible and there is a sliding scale for women, depending on their date of birth but I think that a woman has to be around 64 these days, so we can forget about that idea!

You and your OH are both young enough for employer-sponsored skilled visas, though, depending on your respective occupations. What does each of you do, work-wise. please?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

My OH is a manager in the water industry here, i am an auxiliary nurse with the local hospital, David has an HNC in management, i am not an enrolled nurse so would not get in on that skill i dont think, I thought that we were too old for a working type visa, if i could get one that would be grand as it would save us a very large amount of money that we r about to give away on a CPV

Guest mollymoog

PAID CPV 2ND VAC: NOW WANT TO WITHDRAW

Can anyone help. Has anyone had any experience or heard of anyone being able to withdraw their application AFTER paying 2nd VAC.

I am really frantic as have just paid out so much money and dont know where I stand

Is there a cooling off period after payment and before grant of visa?

Thanks all.

Guest mollymoog

:unsure:Am new today to all this, so please make allowances for me!

Paid 2nd VAC the other day at London High Commission. I might add, could believe the paltry exchange rate I got...not even $1.5 to the £ !

Anyhow, now wish to withdraw my application as the decision has not yet been made.

Does anyone know, please, if that is possible. I know it sounds stupid but after paying, then realised I didn't want to go:arghh:

Does anyone know if a refund is possible???

PLEASE HELP am at my witts end now:cry:

Hi Linday

The changes that you describe in your last sentence will never affect CPV applicants upgrading from a CPV 173 to the 143 because Contributory Parents are cash cows, my friend.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill

Let's hope so. We also want to arrange for some of our pensions to be moved over, buyt this is also taking 4-6 months at the moment. Hopefully we can sort this out during the 4-6 month wait for the change from the 173 to the 143.

Guest mollymoog

So stressed; can't believe I paid it and now want to withdraw. HELP!!!:arghh:

Took all that to make me realise I didn't want to go!!!

Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this, or have I had it. Wondered if I could get a refund or even a partial refund as decision has yet to be given.

Can anyone advise, please:cry:

So stressed; can't believe I paid it and now want to withdraw. HELP!!!:arghh:

Took all that to make me realise I didn't want to go!!!

Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this, or have I had it. Wondered if I could get a refund or even a partial refund as decision has yet to be given.

Can anyone advise, please:cry:

Hi Mollymoog

So sorry - what an awful situation for you to be in. I don't know the answer I am afraid. However, there are a couple of agents who post on here who may know. I suspect they are not around today due to the Bank Holiday. You could try calling one of them first thing in the morning. I understand Alan Collett from Go Matilda is well respected. It might be worth enlisting their help to deal with this for you. Here is the link:

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Have you thought of emailing or calling the Parent Visa Centre in Perth to get their advice?

Maybe Gill (Gollywobbler) who moderates this forum might also be able to shed some light.

I hope you can sort it out.

Guest mollymoog

Thanks for the advice, Linday. I will give the PVC a bell, and hope I can appeal to them. Just worried they will keep the money anyway...and then deny me the visa too that's all.

Thanks though

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Mollymoog

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

I reckon that you can withdraw your visa application if you want to, even at this late stage.

I suggest that you phone your case officer as soon as you can - and e-mail the CO as well, so that your wishes are recorded in writing - and tell them that you want to withdraw your application. If the CO demurs, insist on a word with the Manager of the Parents Visa Centre.

Try contacting them and let us know how you get on? If you get stuck, please let us know because I have some names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc for various senior people within DIAC who can organise their more junior colleagues and get things done, quickly and properly.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Thanks, Gill

Do you know if I have to have a really strong reason for withdrawing

cheers

Hi Molly

No. You are not even required to tell them your reasons for wanting to withdraw your application unless you feel like doing so.

It is a voluntary application for a visa - you can change your mind about your voluntary action at any time before the visa is granted.

It is a visa, not a prison sentence, hon!

Cheers

Gill

PS - But be 100% CERTAIN in your own mind that you really do want to abandon the application. Once you withdraw it, they will not allow you to re-instate it if you change your mind back again in a week's time.

PPS - Also, whilst I think of it, if you withdraw your existing application and then you make another visa application in a few weeks time, a years' time or whenever, then:

1. The price rose by 10% on 1st July 2010 and it will continue to rise;

2. The queue is likely to get larger, so processing is likely to take longer;

3. It sounds gruesome but if you are struck down by a disease, you might not get a visa in the future if you change your mind at this stage;

4. If you want to withdraw simply because you have had a battle with your child in Oz, be very certain that it is more than just a spat that would blow over in a week.

Guest Lively

Hi All

Just trying to get an idea when we can expect to receive the acknowledgment letter.

Agent lodged application from Sydney on 10 Aug 2010, DIMA deducted first VAC from credit card on 16 Aug 2010 (so they definitely received the application) but we haven't received a formal acknowledgment yet.

How long did you wait for your acknowledgment letter from lodgement?

Lively

Hi All

Just trying to get an idea when we can expect to receive the acknowledgment letter.

Agent lodged application from Sydney on 10 Aug 2010, DIMA deducted first VAC from credit card on 16 Aug 2010 (so they definitely received the application) but we haven't received a formal acknowledgment yet.

Lively

Ask your agent, isn't that what you pay them for? :yes:

It may have gone to him, if not, if the money has been taken your on the road, you usually get acknowledgment before a CO so don't worry. :biggrin:

Guest Lively
Hi All

Lively

Update:

I'm fresh off the phone with Dad. He received the letter yesterday. The letter was sent to my parents who are overseas instead of the agent (Sydney), why? :eek:

I asked the agent once about form 956 and was told we didn't need to sign them because "CO rarely asked for it" but since I asked the question she told us to give them to her anyway. I assumed she sent them off with the application, but may be she didn't.

We are waiting for agent to explain what's going on.

PAID CPV 2ND VAC: NOW WANT TO WITHDRAW

Can anyone help. Has anyone had any experience or heard of anyone being able to withdraw their application AFTER paying 2nd VAC.

I am really frantic as have just paid out so much money and dont know where I stand

Is there a cooling off period after payment and before grant of visa?

Thanks all.

Vindy has replied with this message on BEP in case you miss it with all the different sites you have been on.:wink:

Hi Mollymoog,

My wife asked the same question to our case officer I have attached his answer.

Hello Les,>> You only need to make entry before the date, you can leave immediately> after and return when you are ready.>> If you fail to make entry before the required date, the visa will be> cancelled and monies maybe refunded after the migration review period> ceases.>> This is a long winded process and can take some considerable time.>> You need to really contemplate whether you really want to proceed with> application or not.>> If you decide to withdraw the application and lodge another application> when you are more prepared, please submit a signed letter from all> applicants asking for the application to be withdrawn.

I would suggest that you email your case officer and let them know your problem, we found that they were very understanding and were able to put us at ease with any questions.

Good luck and best wishes

Les & Babs

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif