Guest guest36187

Still nothing:sad:

Oh my goodness, This is so depressing. Even when they were coping with the larger than average applications for May/Jun 2014 we never had such a long period with absolutely no movement whatsoever. Best case scenario is that they have forgotten to update the details, worse case is that they have already filled the quote for 2016/17 with the backlog from May/Jun 2014. I do so hope it is not the latter! Whatever, it would be far preferable to know. We feel our lives are on hold - if we knew it was going to take another year/15 months we could at least plan another visit out to see the family. As it is at the moment we just live in hope that things start moving again soon. Please IMMI let us know what is happening.

Oh my goodness, This is so depressing. Even when they were coping with the larger than average applications for May/Jun 2014 we never had such a long period with absolutely no movement whatsoever. Best case scenario is that they have forgotten to update the details, worse case is that they have already filled the quote for 2016/17 with the backlog from May/Jun 2014. I do so hope it is not the latter! Whatever, it would be far preferable to know. We feel our lives are on hold - if we knew it was going to take another year/15 months we could at least plan another visit out to see the family. As it is at the moment we just live in hope that things start moving again soon. Please IMMI let us know what is happening.

we have already booked our visit for this xmas, its going to be well over 3 years wait in my opionion. :(

I agree it adds to the stress not knowing how the processing is going, if we had been told it would take this long we would have applied for a different visa, our life is ticking away and it looks like we will have to book another trip out as we have a second grandchild on the way.

I agree it adds to the stress not knowing how the processing is going, if we had been told it would take this long we would have applied for a different visa, our life is ticking away and it looks like we will have to book another trip out as we have a second grandchild on the way.

congrats on the 2nd grandchild, we have 2 grandchildren aswell, boy 5 and girl 2.

when we lodged in oct 15 it was an 18 month waiting list, and from that day almost it has been longer and longer.

it would help if there was some kind of explanation, but you get nothing. :(

Totally agree with all the above comments. We are now wishing we had applied for Aged Parent Visa back in 2015 as we would have got it by now! When we visited last Aug/Sept 16 for our son's first baby, we thought it would be our last trip out and would have our visa by this Xmas! Don't hold out much hope at the mo and have decided to go back this June/July when our third grandchild will be one year old. We also have two others, 7 and 4 , with our daughter out there.

Totally agree with all the above comments. We are now wishing we had applied for Aged Parent Visa back in 2015 as we would have got it by now! When we visited last Aug/Sept 16 for our son's first baby, we thought it would be our last trip out and would have our visa by this Xmas! Don't hold out much hope at the mo and have decided to go back this June/July when our third grandchild will be one year old. We also have two others, 7 and 4 , with our daughter out there.

Us too - we would have certainly looked at other visas had we known. Our grandsons out there are 12 and 10 and growing so... quickly.

I lodged mine only in March 2016, Reading all your past posts seems one hell of a wait!

My life seems to be in limbo land! Probably take 2.6yrs to complete now.

When I first looked it was 18-24 mths, so disappointing!

Also AUD was $2 to the pound then it went up to $2.20

Did all my reckoning on it being around $2 when I move, but with the Brexit situation etc I fear the worse.

How does this terribly affect us all in our finances! So gutted at what I thought what house I could afford to buy has changed an awful lot!

Am wondering if this new 5yr visa will maybe take some off the 143 list

Fingers crossed waiting time improves and doesn't go worse.

Good luck everyone!

I lodged mine only in March 2016, Reading all your past posts seems one hell of a wait!

My life seems to be in limbo land! Probably take 2.6yrs to complete now.

When I first looked it was 18-24 mths, so disappointing!

Also AUD was $2 to the pound then it went up to $2.20

Did all my reckoning on it being around $2 when I move, but with the Brexit situation etc I fear the worse.

How does this terribly affect us all in our finances! So gutted at what I thought what house I could afford to buy has changed an awful lot!

Am wondering if this new 5yr visa will maybe take some off the 143 list

Fingers crossed waiting time improves and doesn't go worse.

Good luck everyone!

Yes the referendum result has done all of us planning the big move a power of no good! Very disappointing.

Hey Kaths56,

totally agree with your comments. We applied June 2016 and since then the pound has fallen in value and the queue has become even slower if that was possible. It really does feel as if we are limbo.

All we can do is hope things improve.

cheers.

The visa application charge for the Contributory Parent visa is considerably higher than most other visas (including the Parent visa) in return for more places available in each migration programme year, which results in a faster processing time of approximately 2-4 years. Visa charges cannot be waived or reduced.

You also have the option of applying for a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173), which provides a two-stage pathway, allowing the costs of Contributory Parent migration to be staggered.

Just seen this on visa application site now saying 2-4 yrs!

The visa application charge for the Contributory Parent visa is considerably higher than most other visas (including the Parent visa) in return for more places available in each migration programme year, which results in a faster processing time of approximately 2-4 years. Visa charges cannot be waived or reduced.

You also have the option of applying for a Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173), which provides a two-stage pathway, allowing the costs of Contributory Parent migration to be staggered.

Just seen this on visa application site now saying 2-4 yrs!

So not a lot of hope of things moving along any faster then. Looks like we will have at least one more Christmas in UK, if not two! And there we were 2 years ago hoping that it would be all done and dusted and we would be out there by now. Hey ho!

So not a lot of hope of things moving along any faster then. Looks like we will have at least one more Christmas in UK, if not two! And there we were 2 years ago hoping that it would be all done and dusted and we would be out there by now. Hey ho!

At least we are in the queue let us hope not as many people applied in 2015 and these dates are quoted for new applications. Does anyone know whether the new 5yr (?) Parent Visa due in July comes out of the same annual allocation of places as the 143 or are extra places being made available.

We've been in the queue for 27 months and they are assessing just 15 weeks prior to our date.

So, so near yet so, so far......:arghh:

It must be so frustrating for you NanaJan. When things started to move a little quicker after Christmas and they started asking for more details from October 2014 applicants you must have thought you were close to at least being contacted for additional info - but now we've ground to a complete standstill it would seem. Hang in there!

Edited by Pertenhall

We've been in the queue for 27 months and they are assessing just 15 weeks prior to our date.

So, so near yet so, so far......:arghh:

I've been waiting nearly 29 months and they're assessing just 6 weeks prior to my date. My house buyer is wanting to exchange contracts, I can't book quarantine for my dog and there is a 6-7week waiting list for the kennels anyway. Despite having done the medical and Police check and my daughter having started the AoS process in Australia (and therein lies another story!), everything is still up in the air. This is the most stressful experience of my whole life!