Guest guest36187

Hi Catlady,

I was overjoyed too, but 9th and 10th was the weekend, so that means they have taken around 2-3 days to process 1 day of 2014. Something better than nothing though!!

they could still have received applications on those days, though? Or maybe at least on the Saturday? Or am I grasping at straws, haha.

they could still have received applications on those days, though? Or maybe at least on the Saturday? Or am I grasping at straws, haha.

Hi Catlady,

I live in WA. No postal deliveries on the weekend, and government officers are closed. But you have a VALID point . Maybe they receive extra applications on Mondays as a result of those collected over the weekend. So hence more time to process. Yes I'm being positive.

Hi Catlady,

I live in WA. No postal deliveries on the weekend, and government officers are closed. But you have a VALID point . Maybe they receive extra applications on Mondays as a result of those collected over the weekend. So hence more time to process. Yes I'm being positive.

haha, I like your thinking.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. It helps to know other people in the same boat as us. Our son lives in Perth and I don't think he will have the time to come to the UK this year. He ended up coming twice last year unexpectedly, which was lovely but expensive for him. We have applied June 2016, before the referendum. Luckily we got the acknowledgement back before the referendum as well.

Thanks again for the help.

Nita

Hello i been follow this forum really long time ago but today mind as well just let everyone know haahha my date is the 4/12/14

Welcome to the waiting room Amytran 1. You are just behind NanaJan on 1 Dec 2014 and before Brenda M on 5 Dec 2014. Lets hope we zoom through Aug, Sep, Oct and Nov and you will all soon be assigned a CO.

Catlady2014 and Clerk85 we are hoping you will soon be vacating the waiting room so we can all shuffle up a bit if this forum is representative of the applications in Aug and Sep. It is about time we gained some momentum again.

Geordiejoe surely Centrelink have got their act together and progressed your application by now!

I'm headed for Victoria Point, a little way southeast of Brisbane. And the waiting is enough to drive you mad. I feel that my life has been on hold for well over 2 years now, during which time I've watched happily as the exchange rate climbed to dizzying heights during 2015 and the early part of 2016, and then sadly plunged lower and lower since just before the Brexit vote. And I had expected to be in Australia by April 2015. As you say, all very frustrating, but clerk85 has just posted that the processing date has moved on a few days to 11th August, so we all need to stay as positive as we can. We will get there ...eventually. ??

We are off to Melbourne. We actually made the decision to put the house on the market after Brexit and sold really quickly. We are now renting so ready to up sticks and move as soon as we get the go-ahead. Let's all hope that the date moves on swiftly. We will probably rent over there for a while too and just hope the exchange rate picks up a bit.

Does anyone know if Immi reveal numbers of applications received in any given month? It would make it so much easier to gauge timescales if they did. I guess not as I'm sure someone would have posted it on here if they did:laugh:

We are off to Melbourne. We actually made the decision to put the house on the market after Brexit and sold really quickly. We are now renting so ready to up sticks and move as soon as we get the go-ahead. Let's all hope that the date moves on swiftly. We will probably rent over there for a while too and just hope the exchange rate picks up a bit.

Does anyone know if Immi reveal numbers of applications received in any given month? It would make it so much easier to gauge timescales if they did. I guess not as I'm sure someone would have posted it on here if they did:laugh:

Hi NanaJan

we have been on the Mornington Peninsular now for just over 6 months and watched property prices explode whilst waiting for our visa to be granted which it finally was on 30th November 2016. We agonised about moving our money because of the exchange rate being so low. All I can say is that house prices are still rising and there seems to be a fight over everything that comes on the market. Money in the bank cannot keep pace with the housing market plus when you factor in the cost of renting as opposed to buying (we didn't need a mortgage) it made more sense to buy something. We attempted to buy four houses in the space of a week but just got outbid on each one. Property is going for much more than advertised. Anyway with the help of a really nice Real estate agent we managed to buy a plot of land and unit to live in whilst we build. I would point out that there are some shifty Agents about. The unit will then give us an income when we rent it out. You will find that that you will be in the exchange rate waiting room and I have to tell you that it is just as depressing and frustrating as the CPV waiting room! We still have UK pounds to change in order for us to build our house later this year so it is never ending.......Good luck and I hope you hear from IMMI soon.

Julie

Guest geordie joe

Quick update on the Centrelink saga. My daughter finally spoke to someone who actually gave a dam and the upshot was she received the confirmation letter on Monday. The other good news is we finally received the 2nd vac request yesterday afternoon, so it's time to give them some money and book a little holiday to Bali.

Joe

Quick update on the Centrelink saga. My daughter finally spoke to someone who actually gave a dam and the upshot was she received the confirmation letter on Monday. The other good news is we finally received the 2nd vac request yesterday afternoon, so it's time to give them some money and book a little holiday to Bali.

Joe

congratulations! At last!!!

congratulations!

Joe

Joe

Hi Joe

YAY and whoopee at long last, enjoy Bali, so very pleased for you.

Julie

Joe

That is wonderful news-at last! Hopefully it won't be long now before your visa is granted. Enjoy Bali.

Joe

Excellent news. It is so good to hear something positive. Enjoy Bali. Zee

Joe

Hi Joe

so glad for you both. Enjoy Bali

Hi,

It is my first time to write here as I got lots of information here so wish to say thank you & also share some updates on our visa too.

My parents applied for 143 on end of June 2014 and we had 3 people in the application including one adult dependent. We've been contacted by Immi on end of November and supplied all the documents except AoS. (Form 80, Police Check, Medical and all documents to prove dependency of third applicant)

For AoS, as we need two Assurer (for 3 adults) my one has been done quite smoothly - takes only 7 weeks to get a confirmation letter but we have to change the other assurer so other person lodged on end of November. We have been chasing them up several times but still not get phone interview - while we are chasing up we found that 1) her application is lodged a week and half behind her visit, and 2) missing other supporting documents except the 'form'. I have heard that some of their officers never done AoS before so they are quite confused with the processing. At least we are glad that we found out before contacted by them (otherwise there will be another delays) and better check beforehand to reduce delays even though waiting time is around 1hr ... (to speak someone on the phone, but most of them are quite friendly and supportive)

They are now advise 9 weeks to be processed (for phone interview), so I hope we could finalise everything before February or within early February.

Hope everyone's application goes smoothly :) Thanks!

Hi Jan

We're going to the Mornington Peninsula, we've been staying there off and on for the last three years, so have got to know it quite well.

Brenda

A lovely part of the world - good choice!

Am heading over there on 3 separate occasions in the next week for 3 x open water swims: Portsea (tomorrow), Sorrento (Sunday), and Mount Martha (Australia Day).

Best regards,

Joe

Fantastic news, congratulations! have a lovely life in Oz

Sue

Joe

A rather late Christmas present! Have fun in Bali, and congratulations.

:xmas16:

Hi Jan

We're going to the Mornington Peninsula, we've been staying there off and on for the last three years, so have got to know it quite well.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I've only been there a couple of times but love it too. We will be more in the burbs of Melbourne, Oakleigh area, but I think a coffee on the Peninsula might be in order once we're both moved over.

Maybe @juliew1499 would care to join us?

Anyone else heading that way?

Jan

Hi Brenda,

I've only been there a couple of times but love it too. We will be more in the burbs of Melbourne, Oakleigh area, but I think a coffee on the Peninsula might be in order once we're both moved over.

Jan

Hi Jan

Count me in, just let me know when and where.

Julie

Hi Brenda,

Jan

Yes, definitely!

Brenda

Hi there looking for some advice. My mum has applied in aug 2016 and just sold her property in uk. I need to advise a change of address but cant load her 143 application to her immi account. Has anyone else managed to add their application online once its been acknowledged? Or does everything have to be physically sent to perth parent centre?

Cheers

Leigh anne