Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Hi Maisie

i am thrilled for you. And guess what we have just exchanged contracts on our house about 30 mins ago. Come on IMMI!

Julie

Great news Julie nice to see some positive news on this page for a change.

Ha ha, best introduce you to my brother in Tiptree, he plays the old mans game as well!!

Better than playing a game that spoils a good walk and where you run the risk of getting your feet wet hunting for your lost ball!

We'll have to meet for a coffee some time.

Good point Julie, we decided to send over the costs associated for our visa last year @2.12. looking at it this morning 1.89! Reckon we will only exchange enough to get by, until after the EU elections. That said, if we vote out, who knows where the pound might end up!

We did the same - oh retrospect is a wonderful thing!!

Woohoo!  we have a case officer, I'm so excited  daughter is going to centrelink tomorrow to hand in he AOS paperwork then hopefully we should be good to go.

Maisie

Hi Maisie,

Fantastic news for you !!!! and all of us behind you in the waiting room. Hope all runs like clockwork and you attain a speedy exit through the door.

All eyes now on @Harvi13

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL

We are 49 and 56 and are waiting for my partners job offer (sponsorship) to come through then we will be coming to Melbourne around October this year, all bring well, on the 457 visa. I have a son his wife and 2 twin babies living in Melbourne and the plan is once we are settled 18 months to 2 years we will apply for our permanent parent visa. Has anyone done this and do you still have to go through all the usual channels? We will both be working . Any advice please..

First of all, if there is any way you can get sponsored permanently yourself (I am assuming you are the one who is 49?) then I would go for it asap as you would save yourself a heap of dosh. As someone already mentioned, there are minimum income requirements for this.

Failing that you would need to apply for the Contributory Parent visa 173 or 143 and there are no minimum income requirements for this vsa. I am not sure if you are aware, but it is the sponsor, ie your son who needs to be settled, not you. Also the processing time for the visa is around 2 years at the moment, so you might want to apply earlier than 2 years into your 457. I assume you have researched costs and balance of family etc? The only other thing to be aware of is that as this is an offshore visa, you would need to travel out of Australia so your visa can be granted.

Edited by Bridgeman

Hi we are the same age as yourselves and our daughter and son in law are applying to go to Oz. They are nearly there with there visas and I have been given mixed information about getting out there permanently to be with them. We would welcome any advice on CPV as I have been reading up on this, at first we were told to go for an investment visa but its to costly. How much is the CPV? We are going to meet the migration agent but not till next month. Can you supply any info on your own experience.

First of all, do you pass the Balance of Family Test - you need to have at least half of your children in Australia, and this includes any step children and children from previous relationships. Your daughter will need to be settled in Australia before she can sponsor you for a parent visa, usually about 2 years. The CPV is quite expensive: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Fees# as you can see it's around $43,600 per person for the second Visa application charge, plus the initial charge, plus an Assurance of Support of $14.000 for a couple (refundable after 10 Years)

When your application is allocated to a case officer, which may take up to 23 months, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents including but not limited to Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 10 April 2014.

The being 'allocated to a case officer, which may take up to 23 months', wasn't in the emails previously. I do hope the time is not going to slip even further :wideeyed:

Having just re-read my automated reply email from WA PC, can anyone tell me why Contributory Aged Parent Visas (864), that attract the same cost, applications made onshore being the only difference that I know of apart from the age condition, are being processed in 9 months? Why are the 143s so slow?

Broooooom brooooom @HARLEYDPHIL you are fired up and ready to go behind @Harvi13

Hi Kim,

:ssign7:

I have been fired up with expectation since early Feb, it's no good for the blood pressure :wacko:

There is no doubt that the pace has slowed, I wonder if the large volume of applications in March has just meant that all the COs have been busy completing those cases and just unable to open new ones ? rather than an issue with numbers ?

Everyday brings us all a little closer to our dream.

Phil

Edited by HARLEYDPHIL

Having just re-read my automated reply email from WA PC, can anyone tell me why Contributory Aged Parent Visas (864), that attract the same cost, applications made onshore being the only difference that I know of apart from the age condition, are being processed in 9 months? Why are the 143s so slow?

Hi Val.

In short, because there are many more 143 visa applications than 864s.

Best regards.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me if I get an extended tourist visa and stay in Oz for a year can I renew this mutable times i.e. when its due to expire say travel out of Oz for however long you have to and return on another extended visa.

How many times can you do this or cant you?

There is a 12 months out of 18 months which means you can't be in oz for more than 12 months out of any 18 months on any type of visitor visa I believe Kim

Woohoo! ? we have a case officer, I'm so excited ? daughter is going to centrelink tomorrow to hand in he AOS paperwork then hopefully we should be good to go.

Maisie

Hi congratulations Maisie, and hello to everyone else.

I've recently joined, but been following you all since we lodged our 143 Application 03/05/15 still a long wait for us.