Page 52 of 1233 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354621021525521052 ... LastLast
    Results 511 to 520 of 12325
    1. #511
      mollymoog
      PAID CPV 2ND VAC: NOW WANT TO WITHDRAW

      Can anyone help. Has anyone had any experience or heard of anyone being able to withdraw their application AFTER paying 2nd VAC.

      I am really frantic as have just paid out so much money and dont know where I stand

      Is there a cooling off period after payment and before grant of visa?

      Thanks all.

    2. #512

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      kardinya 6163 WA
      Posts
      31
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      I've never heard of anyone changing their minds after the 2nd VAC has been paid. Hope you manage to get your money back.

    3. #513
      mollymoog

      Question 2nd cpv vac paid : Now want to withdraw!!

      Am new today to all this, so please make allowances for me!

      Paid 2nd VAC the other day at London High Commission. I might add, could believe the paltry exchange rate I got...not even $1.5 to the !

      Anyhow, now wish to withdraw my application as the decision has not yet been made.

      Does anyone know, please, if that is possible. I know it sounds stupid but after paying, then realised I didn't want to go

      Does anyone know if a refund is possible???

      PLEASE HELP am at my witts end now

    4. #514
      mollymoog
      Thanks, Maisies...nice to know there is someone out there!

      Cheers

    5. #515

      Title
      Platinum Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Perth, WA
      Posts
      665
      Liked
      120 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Gollywobbler View Post
      Hi Linday

      The changes that you describe in your last sentence will never affect CPV applicants upgrading from a CPV 173 to the 143 because Contributory Parents are cash cows, my friend.

      Cheers

      Gill

      Thanks Gill

      Let's hope so. We also want to arrange for some of our pensions to be moved over, buyt this is also taking 4-6 months at the moment. Hopefully we can sort this out during the 4-6 month wait for the change from the 173 to the 143.

    6. #516
      mollymoog

      2nd vac cpv paid: Can i now withdraw?!!!

      So stressed; can't believe I paid it and now want to withdraw. HELP!!!

      Took all that to make me realise I didn't want to go!!!

      Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this, or have I had it. Wondered if I could get a refund or even a partial refund as decision has yet to be given.

      Can anyone advise, please

    7. #517

      Title
      Platinum Member
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Perth, WA
      Posts
      665
      Liked
      120 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by mollymoog View Post
      So stressed; can't believe I paid it and now want to withdraw. HELP!!!

      Took all that to make me realise I didn't want to go!!!

      Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this, or have I had it. Wondered if I could get a refund or even a partial refund as decision has yet to be given.

      Can anyone advise, please
      Hi Mollymoog

      So sorry - what an awful situation for you to be in. I don't know the answer I am afraid. However, there are a couple of agents who post on here who may know. I suspect they are not around today due to the Bank Holiday. You could try calling one of them first thing in the morning. I understand Alan Collett from Go Matilda is well respected. It might be worth enlisting their help to deal with this for you. Here is the link:

      Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

      Have you thought of emailing or calling the Parent Visa Centre in Perth to get their advice?

      Maybe Gill (Gollywobbler) who moderates this forum might also be able to shed some light.

      I hope you can sort it out.

    8. #518
      mollymoog
      Thanks for the advice, Linday. I will give the PVC a bell, and hope I can appeal to them. Just worried they will keep the money anyway...and then deny me the visa too that's all.

      Thanks though

    9. #519

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Southampton, UK
      Posts
      12,681
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Hi Mollymoog

      Welcome to Poms in Oz.

      I reckon that you can withdraw your visa application if you want to, even at this late stage.

      I suggest that you phone your case officer as soon as you can - and e-mail the CO as well, so that your wishes are recorded in writing - and tell them that you want to withdraw your application. If the CO demurs, insist on a word with the Manager of the Parents Visa Centre.

      Try contacting them and let us know how you get on? If you get stuck, please let us know because I have some names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses etc for various senior people within DIAC who can organise their more junior colleagues and get things done, quickly and properly.

      Cheers

      Gill

    10. #520
      mollymoog
      Thanks, Gill

      Do you know if I have to have a really strong reason for withdrawing

      cheers

     

  •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Contributory Aged Parent Visa - a couple of questions....
      By frizzy1 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 30
      Last Post: 31-01-2014, 10:31 AM
    2. Last Remaining Relative Visa
      By frizzy1 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: 23-03-2011, 05:23 PM
    3. 676 tourist visa
      By beastmaster2452 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 10-10-2009, 02:10 AM
    4. 176 Visa - Do we really have to live there?
      By DDTV in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: 29-03-2009, 07:40 PM
    5. What requirements do you need?
      By PxRxD in forum Education
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 14-12-2008, 06:03 AM
    Copyright © 2005 - 2016 PomsInOz.com
    All times are GMT. The time now is 04:38 AM.