Page 51 of 1233 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Title
      Liked
      177 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by shez01 View Post
      Going to apply for immigration as a CPV, but was wondering would it be possible to apply onshore? would it be quicker? and what is the procedure, any information would be great as i dont know were to start.
      I would suggest you browse as widely as possible through this thread, and through the similar thread on British Expats Contributory Parent Visa - Still Sparkling!!! - Part 4 - Page 71 : British Expat Discussion Forum.

I don't think there is any difference in spead of processing.

A few things to beware: You can only apply for an onshore CPV if at least one of you (you or your OH) are old enough to be eligible for an Aged CPV (ie, of Oz pensionable age), if you do not enter Australia "with the intention of applying for a CPV", and if the visa you have (eg, Tourist) has no "No Further Stay" restriction on it.

You'll find out a lot more by reading here and DIAC's Booklet 3 Parent Migration (downloadable).

Good luck, Mike

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      120 times
      Rep
      Has anyone ever heard of a case where the CPV 173 temporary has been granted and then the CPV 143 permanent has been refused? I can't see any reason myself but how likely is this to happen? We are thinking of bringing forward our plans and moving over to Oz when we get the 173, and then assuming our house is sold, applying asap for the 143 and awaiting the 143 in Australia, 4-6 months I understand, but are a bit nervous about moving, lock, stock and barrel if there is a risk that the 143 might not be granted.

Just a bit concerned with all these changes, uncertainty with government, and reductions in family visas etc.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      120 times
      Rep
      Hi

I do know that there were some refusals recently. However, I think these were complicated cases, where the applicants wanted to include a dependant in their visa.

One of the main reasons, I should think, considering the ages of some of the applicants, would probably be failing the medical. You do have to have police checks as well.

Also your sponsor and assurer need to show that they are earning a certain level, which DIAC consider sufficient to offer you support in your first 2 years.

Have a look here for details of Assurance of Support Levels:

Australian migration, contributory parent visa, information and progress tracker

Hope this helps

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Can anyone tell me is there many unsuccesfull CPVisa applications, and if so what would be the reason, We r going to apply and looking into all the possibilities.
      Hi Shez

No - there are very few unsuccessful CPV applications. The main things that cause them to be unsuccessful are:

1. The visa applicants do not meet the Balance of Family Test. This almost never happens to British applicants, where the number of children is small and you do not get hassles about the "customary adoptions" that happen in other parts of the world.

2. The visa applicant (or one of them, if they are a couple) does not meet the Health requirement for migration to Oz.

3. The visa applicant is unable to come up with the 2nd Instalment when it is required.

A few other things can derail the visa application as well but really very few. The DIAC website is reliable about making CPV applications, so is Booklet 3. Have you studied the Booklet and the "cue cards" about the CP visas?

If you are nervous about it, you could always instruct a migration agent to deal with it for you. Would doing that reassure you, do you think?

Cheers

Gill

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Linday View Post
      Has anyone ever heard of a case where the CPV 173 temporary has been granted and then the CPV 143 permanent has been refused? I can't see any reason myself but how likely is this to happen? We are thinking of bringing forward our plans and moving over to Oz when we get the 173, and then assuming our house is sold, applying asap for the 143 and awaiting the 143 in Australia, 4-6 months I understand, but are a bit nervous about moving, lock, stock and barrel if there is a risk that the 143 might not be granted.

Just a bit concerned with all these changes, uncertainty with government, and reductions in family visas etc.
      Hi Linday

The changes that you describe in your last sentence will never affect CPV applicants upgrading from a CPV 173 to the 143 because Contributory Parents are cash cows, my friend.

Cheers

Gill

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Going to apply for immigration as a CPV, but was wondering would it be possible to apply onshore? would it be quicker? and what is the procedure, any information would be great as i dont know were to start.
      Hi again, Shez

How old are you, please? How old is your OH if there is one?

The onshore Contributory Aged Parent is quicker to process because there are far fewer applications for them than there are for the offshore CPV. With the onshore CAPV, supply and demand are about equal so there is no need to keep the visa applicants waiting.

However the parent(s) must be in Australia at the time of applying for a CAPV and, if they are a couple, one of them must be old enough to be eligible for the visa:

Family - Visas & Immigration

By the way, I have moved your thread about success and Linday's reply into this thread because we are trying to keep all the information about Parent migration in the same thread.

Whereabouts are you at the moment, please? In Perth or in the UK?

Cheers

Gill

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

CPV

Hi

I am 47 and my OH is 50, we r in the UK just now, I think we do meet the Family balance test as we have a daughter in Perth WA and a daughter in the UK, if and when we get immigration my Daughter in the UK will apply for last remaining relative, Unless her skill is on the SM skills list when it comes out, soon i hope, she is a hairdresser,

A lot of thanks for ur kind reply every day is a school learning day for me on this immigration subject, just want to get it all sorted out in my head before we go ahead

Thanks Shez01

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Gill
      Yes we sure will be getting an Agency to help us with the immigration process as i am so confused with it all.

Thanks
      Shez

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Hi

I am 47 and my OH is 50, we r in the UK just now, I think we do meet the Family balance test as we have a daughter in Perth WA and a daughter in the UK, if and when we get immigration my Daughter in the UK will apply for last remaining relative, Unless her skill is on the SM skills list when it comes out, soon i hope, she is a hairdresser,

A lot of thanks for ur kind reply every day is a school learning day for me on this immigration subject, just want to get it all sorted out in my head before we go ahead

Thanks Shez01
      Hi Shez

Right, my love! You and your OH are both far too young for Contributory Aged Parent Visas! For a CAPV a man needs to be 65 or over to be eligible and there is a sliding scale for women, depending on their date of birth but I think that a woman has to be around 64 these days, so we can forget about that idea!

You and your OH are both young enough for employer-sponsored skilled visas, though, depending on your respective occupations. What does each of you do, work-wise. please?

Cheers

Gill

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Gill,
      My OH is a manager in the water industry here, i am an auxiliary nurse with the local hospital, David has an HNC in management, i am not an enrolled nurse so would not get in on that skill i dont think, I thought that we were too old for a working type visa, if i could get one that would be grand as it would save us a very large amount of money that we r about to give away on a CPV

•