Page 502 of 1233 FirstFirst ... 24024524925005015025035045125526021002 ... LastLast
    Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 12325

Title
      Liked
      223 times
      Rep
      p.s. Just checked Auspost tracker and the bank cheque is received and signed for - phew! Might be booking flights next week............fingers crossed! Sooo excited![/QUOTE]

Hi Val. We've just had our letter requesting the final VAC payment. I hope you don't mind me asking but which address was your bank cheque sent to - the Locked bag address or Wellington Central? Thanks, Angie
      Last edited by brummiebabies; 27-08-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Angie & Ted - CPV 143 Application sent 6/06/11 - Acknowleged 10/06/11, Medicals 28/06/12, CO 20/07/12, VISA granted 31/08/12!!! Arrived 21/10/12

Title
      Liked
      63 times
      Rep

fantastic !!

Thank you all so much for all of the wonderful threads i have been reading over the last few days, it has been like a breath of fresh air hearing all of your stories the ups and the downs, ive laughed and cried at some of the stories and i feel like ive got to know you all.
      Its so much better than reading books because i can relate to it.
      I havent started with the whole journey yet, (husband isnt convinced its the right thing to do, needs more work i think) but when i do i will know exactly how to do it all, heres hoping!, the advice given has been enormous.
      I also watch everything Oz, i didnt dare tell anyone before ha ha ha.
      good luck to you all in your new lives in Oz and thanks x

Tab x

Title
      Liked
      223 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by tabitha10 View Post
      Thank you all so much for all of the wonderful threads i have been reading over the last few days, it has been like a breath of fresh air hearing all of your stories the ups and the downs, ive laughed and cried at some of the stories and i feel like ive got to know you all.
      I havent started with the whole journey yet, (husband isnt convinced its the right thing to do, needs more work i think) but when i do i will know exactly how to do it all, heres hoping!, the advice given has been enormous.

Tab x
      Hi Tab. That's a lovely post!
      This site has been absolutely priceless - a fantastic help to Ted and myself. I really don't know what we have done without it. The great thing is that you can get information and advice from those who are going through or have recently been through the process. The immigation office are really busy and tend to have 'standard' replies to queries which sometimes don't really relate or answer your question!!! So yes this site has been invaluable to us on the journey which figures crossed is nearly at an end. Good luck with the process when you decide to start the journey yourselves! Angie x
      Last edited by brummiebabies; 27-08-2012 at 09:56 AM.
      Angie & Ted - CPV 143 Application sent 6/06/11 - Acknowleged 10/06/11, Medicals 28/06/12, CO 20/07/12, VISA granted 31/08/12!!! Arrived 21/10/12

Title
      Liked
      229 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by brummiebabies View Post
      p.s. Just checked Auspost tracker and the bank cheque is received and signed for - phew! Might be booking flights next week............fingers crossed! Sooo excited!
      Hi Val. We've just had our letter requesting the final VAC payment. I hope you don't mind me asking but which address was your bank cheque sent to - the Locked bag address or Wellington Central? Thanks, Angie[/QUOTE]

Hi Angie, that's great news! We sent everything to the Locked Bag 7 address - PCC's, Form 80 and the Bank cheque. I got daughter to address the envelope with the Bank Cheque in to include CO's name and position number (found at the end of any correspondence she'd sent) and our File Number as well as on the back of the cheque - that baby was not going to get lost! Oh yes, and it was sent in a Platinum Express Envelope. Hope this helps.

So excited for you!
      Val x
      Application for 173 acknowledged 10.06.2011; Medicals & PCC 20.04.12; CO assigned 24.07.12; Visa granted 24.08.12; Arrived Oz 25.09.12 Application for 173 to 143 acknowledged 23.05.13; AOS 19.07.13; 143 Visa granted 15.11.13

Title
      Liked
      302 times
      Rep

Tab x

Hi Tab

You and I are in the same boat, my husband isn't convinced either! (Apart from the fact we would still have a daughter and two granddaughters here!)

I am going to Sydney in October on my own and keep threatening not to come back........watch this space

In March next year we are both going and I have booked 'flexi' tickets, so they can be changed and are valid for 12 months (I wish!)

There are some lovely people on here, so do keep popping in. We actually met some lovely PIOers that have made the move and hearing their positive stories did sway my OH a little bit. You know what it's like though, you get back into same old routine and the positivity sort of faded.

Anyway, two trips booked with Singapore Air and a 5 day stopover in Singapore on the second one with OH.
      Lots to look forward to, oh yes and a new granddaughter in Sydney by the time I get there

Cheers Pam

Title
      Liked
      223 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by valandmatt View Post
      Hi Val. We've just had our letter requesting the final VAC payment. I hope you don't mind me asking but which address was your bank cheque sent to - the Locked bag address or Wellington Central? Thanks, Angie
      Hi Angie, that's great news! We sent everything to the Locked Bag 7 address - PCC's, Form 80 and the Bank cheque. I got daughter to address the envelope with the Bank Cheque in to include CO's name and position number (found at the end of any correspondence she'd sent) and our File Number as well as on the back of the cheque - that baby was not going to get lost! Oh yes, and it was sent in a Platinum Express Envelope. Hope this helps.

So excited for you!
      Val x[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for that Val. It's a big help. We'll do the same as it worked for you!! Hopefully not long now!!
      Angie x

Title
      Liked
      36 times
      Rep
      Hi Tabitha, I want to live in Aus to be with my son and his family but am trying to convince my partner! I also watch everything Aus on tv and keep telling him all the plus points but he's yet to be convinced.

Title
      Liked
      229 times
      Rep

Tab x
      Hi Tab, you pretty much summed it all up in your post, the highs and lows, the tears and laughter! It is a huge leap of faith! My husband took a little more time to decide on the move. His Mum is still going strong at 86 and leaving her is our main concern! But he has promised to come back to the UK each year for a holiday to see her. Whether we both come back or not, we'll decide nearer the time. She has said she will not visit us in Oz. But making the decision to emigrate is one thing, and actually doing it as the cost is really quite high is something else. Applying for the CPV pretty much means we are all of "a certain age", basically everything we've worked for all our lives is now coming to fruition - and normally we would be settling back to enjoy a comfortable retirement. But instead we've chucked everything on its head and are heading off to live in Oz in the next few weeks - crazy or what!! So, all the perks we are just beginning to collect on in the UK, i.e. free prescriptions, heating allowance, bus pass, and various other concessions, we will now have to wait for in Oz a few more years! Plus, we all wish the exchange rate was a lot better.

And that's where PIO comes into its own - like you we've read everything we can about Oz, but nothing beats people's real expereinces, and that's what keeps us all going, the reassurances are hugely appreciated.

We are like a huge family, and do feel like we know each other somewhat, (I hope we do get to meet some of you!) And as we leap off the edge of the UK, thanks to PIO its not into the unknown as we land in OZ!

Best of luck.
      Val x
      Application for 173 acknowledged 10.06.2011; Medicals & PCC 20.04.12; CO assigned 24.07.12; Visa granted 24.08.12; Arrived Oz 25.09.12 Application for 173 to 143 acknowledged 23.05.13; AOS 19.07.13; 143 Visa granted 15.11.13

Title
      Liked
      36 times
      Rep
      I'm trying to talk my partner into going over to live. I keeping telling him all the positives without saying too much about wanting to live there. I keep hoping that he's want to go without me pushing!

Title
      Liked
      117 times
      Rep

Airline Allowances

Hi All, I might have asked this question earlier in the year, can't remember. My head is all over the place these days waiting for my CO, especially as I had a hiccup in April because I was told I had a CO and it was all a mistake
      Anyway what I want to know is there any way I can get the extra baggage allowance with a 173 temporary visa. I will be travelling to Brisbane from Ireland, hopefully October, all depends on when I get the CO. I have made inquiries on the phone but not getting any joy. Signapore airlines told me they may give me 5 extra kgs but I would have to book first and then they would look into it. I know Emirates allow 30kgs but they are alot more expensive. I am not shipping anything over as I'll see how it goes before I apply for the 143 will depend on getting a good job and saving the money to upgrade to it.

Thanks to everyone on this site for the great advice and updates. This is a brilliant forum and have gotten friendly with Liverpooloo who helps me through all the highs and lows.

Fran.

•