Page 3 of 1233 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      120 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by phyllis71 View Post
      Hi Lynday Yes we started with a103 visa and then we transferred to a 143 visa. This was granted today. We had to fill in a new application form, we did not need to send in new certificates, thet used the ones we sent with the 103. We also had to pay the 1st vac over again. Good news though, our waiting time was taken for when we applied for the 103. It costs a fortune and it is hard slog, but it will be so worth it to be near our families. We realised that if we waited for the 103 we would be A too old B we would spend a lot visiting OZ. C we would miss our grandchildren growing up. Good luck and yes you will be doing the right thing. Phyllis
      Thanks Phylis

Do you mind me asking how long you had been waiting on the 103 before you switched to the CPV?

We only applied for our 103 in March. I don't really relish having to pay another initial vac and filling in another form, especially as it's the same form and you just need to tick a different box. We were going to switch to the CPV a bit later on when we have the funds, but are worried that they might considerably increase the 2nd VAC on 1st July so had thought of applying for the temporary CPV to begin with. There has been some speculation about this on PIO. I have emailed the PPC with the same query, but they seem very slow to respond at the moment.

Bambino
      Hello,
      I also have a question, I have read somewhere that when you switch from 103 to 143,the fee for the second instalement will be the same as when you have applied for 103 visa. I.e if you applied for 103 in 2008, when 2nd Instalment for 143 was only 30k, in 2010 you switch to 143 then the second instalment will still be 30 k..
      Can you please confirm if that's the case?

Title
      Liked
      23 times
      Rep
      Yes that is right I paid second vac, which was taken from the time of the 103 application. Hope this helps, I was on the waiting time on 103 for a year when I transfered to the 143, and I got a Case officer within weeks. Good luck Phyllis

Title
      Liked
      8 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by maisies View Post
      We applied on shore for our CPV in February 2010. Had medicals and police checks done the same month. Thought it would take 12-18 months but before we returned to the UK in April, were informed that the visa would be granted in June as soon as we returned to Oz and paid our final payment.
      How did you manage this, we applied in October 2009 from uk to live in Oz where our son lives, we have been told 12-14months before a case officer and then i suppose medical, and then 2 months approx for the go-ahead. Being in our 70s we are very confused with this. (Parent subclass 143 (Contributory Parent - Migrant). Have you any idea how long it is taking at the moment generally? Thanks Helen

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      342 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sioux View Post
      ....total cost to us was 89000.
      Take it you mean $89000 not 89000?

JOHN
      Living The Dream!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      342 times
      Rep
      Hi

Just a quickie! My in-laws are 68 and 72. Would the Aged Parent (Residence) visa (subclass 804) be the way to go for them as opposed to the CPV? Its a hell of a lot cheaper. My wife is an only child.

JOHN
      Living The Dream!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4383 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by mr luvpants View Post
      Hi

Just a quickie! My in-laws are 68 and 72. Would the Aged Parent (Residence) visa (subclass 804) be the way to go for them as opposed to the CPV? Its a hell of a lot cheaper. My wife is an only child.

JOHN
      Hi John

Absolutely NOT in my opinion at the moment. Please see this thread:

Cheap Parent Visas Part I - Page 3 - Poms In Adelaide

I suggest that you send an e-mail to parents@immi.gov.au An e-mail I had from them on Saturday confirms that the Minister has just halved the quota, so Aged Parent 804 applicants have been reduced to 300 per year. I think that around 5,500 Aged Parent applicants are patiently waiting - for something that is now likely to take over 20 years if the Minister or his successors don't chop the Aged Parents off at the knees first.

Please PM me if you want to know more. From 1st July 2010, the figure might well increase to about $100,000 AUD for CPV couples, I suspect.

I am thanking my lucky stars that my own mother got her CPV when she did, frankly. She sat in the UK with me, dithering and wittering. I told her to shut up, sign the forms and get on with it. Very brutal, I know, but it got the job done and got it done quickly, thank goodness.

Cheers

Gill
      Last edited by Gollywobbler; 07-06-2010 at 01:40 AM.

Title
      Liked
      141 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Gollywobbler View Post
      I think that around 5,500 Aged Parent applicants are patiently waiting - for something that is now likely to take over 20 years
      Gill
      My in-laws would be batting past a century by then, so no point even thinking about it then ...lol

My in-laws are both aged (dad-in-law is 80, mum-in-law 70) and suffer from several ailments. They receive excellent medical care in India for which they have to pay nothing (my b-i-l is in the armed forces), so even if they do get a CPV visa, not sure they'd like to move here. Their medical bills would be enormous/crushing given that they will get neither medicare nor any health insurance..
      Last edited by Anya; 07-06-2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Gr

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi have just called a few solicitors about certifying docs. I then rang the local Magistrates Court who said someone there could do it and would not charge. This sounds a bit suspicious to me so just thought I would check if others had gone that route, and what should I check for when I go?

Thanks

FB

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1263 times
      Rep
      Anyone who is a JP can certify docs x

•