Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 12497

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      41 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sandch View Post
      Happy Christmas all!

An exhausting few weeks for us, with the added pressure of a plummeting sterling. My hopes are for a return to currency sanity in 2010.

Well done Les for nudging your way to a CO. Now you have the added fun of shelling out for the second VAC to look forward to. Oh sorry, that sounds a bit unseasonal.

Anyway, signing off now for a few days - enjoy the festivities.

Cheers

Steve
      The pressure is telling as next year will be 2011.

Enjoy your Christmas rest.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Steve and Aileen would like to wish everyone on this site A Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year, hopefully for us, and several others, it will be life changing year, after the normal 15 month wait we have our Case Officer, with medicals done, Police Check done, daughter has appointment with Centre Link on 6th Jan, so all is going well towards getting our Visa early in 2011, and then making the big move to Busselton, south of Perth, hopefully in early May as long as we sell house.
      MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Les Avalook View Post
      It's a Girl
      Wanda and Les Avalook are pleased to announce a new addition to our family.

After the normal 15 ½ month gestation period we have a new arrival that we have decided to call COody Avalook.

COody just popped into our world in what was a painless arrival and I am pleased to say Wanda is doing very well even though we were both becoming restless towards the end.

She is a welcome addition to our two sons Willy in Oz and Diddy in the UK.

Wanda is surrounded by bottles but we are making sure COody does not touch them.

COody Avalook is living up to her name right from their first day.

Looks like a few sleepless nights for a while.

Must dash as COody is after something else and she seems to want everything ‘now’.
      CONGRATULATIONS

I'm sure COody will settle down soon and the pressure will be off

Then you can enjoy

Phoebe

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      41 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeW View Post
      CONGRATULATIONS

I'm sure COody will settle down soon and the pressure will be off

Then you can enjoy

Phoebe
      Thanks Phoebe, at the moment its Coody Avalook at this, Coody Avalook at that, just no peace, still while she is sleeping the rest of us are off to Midnight Mass.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

pommepaul
      Can anyone recommend a migration agent? I need an established one that wont disappear overnight and has offices both here in OZ and in the UK - Gold Coast and Surrey/London/Sussex would be ideal. It's for my Mum who wants to emigrate here, we have checked all the criteria and she passes on them all but doesn't have the CPV money so it would have to be Subclass 103!!!!

Are there any ways that the visa can be sped up - applying on shore etc.... I have sent an email to the parent visa immi link but had no reply on processing times - anyone know what they are??

Other than a student visa how can my mum come and live here until the 103 gets granted. I was told that it is not possible to get a bridging visa - is that true??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Title
      Sirmatt101
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by pommepaul View Post
      Can anyone recommend a migration agent? I need an established one that wont disappear overnight and has offices both here in OZ and in the UK - Gold Coast and Surrey/London/Sussex would be ideal. It's for my Mum who wants to emigrate here, we have checked all the criteria and she passes on them all but doesn't have the CPV money so it would have to be Subclass 103!!!!

Are there any ways that the visa can be sped up - applying on shore etc.... I have sent an email to the parent visa immi link but had no reply on processing times - anyone know what they are??

Other than a student visa how can my mum come and live here until the 103 gets granted. I was told that it is not possible to get a bridging visa - is that true??

Hi there and welcome. I will try and answer a couple of your questions and no doubt someone else will have some answers as well.

The 103 visa can take up to 10 yrs and more to be granted as there is such a long waiting list and so few places, so it is not a very attractive prospect waiting all those years! Is there a possibility of her/you affording a CPV 143 or 173, the 173 being a temporary CPV which allows a longer period to save up the final payment for the 143.

We used an agent who went bust, but luckily after he had lodged the application, so no monies were lost. From our own experience and from reading what others say on the forums, if I had to do it again I wouldn't use an agent as its all so easily done on the net! But thats not to say that would be best for you, try Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Visa, Tax and Financial Planning for Australia, have a look there.

Hopefully someone else will add some more info for you.

All the best

Matt
      CPV 143, Application Lodged 1st May 2008, Permanent Residence 29/01/2010, Made the final move 23/01/2011

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1263 times
      Rep
      I would have said GoMatilda too!

Title
      Liked
      177 times
      Rep

G'Day

It is possible to make an onshore application but (1) your Mum has to be old enough to qualify for an Aged Parent Visa and (2) the visa that she uses to enter Australia when she makes application – probably a Tourist visa – must not have a "no further stay" restriction in the small print. Also, if she manages to overcome this last hurdle – probably more by luck than judgement – she must not enter Australia "with the intention of applying for a further visa" -- ie, it has to be an idea that occurs to her while there!

Then if she does get the application for an onshore Aged Parents Visa in, she will automatically get a bridging visa until the substantive visa is considered in maybe 15+ years' time. However, you need to check whether she will be eligible for Medicare. And also, bear in mind that if she should eventually be rejected she would have to return to the UK – very traumatic, I would guess, after all that time.

(No one really knows the timescale for non-contributory parents applying now, as criteria can change and pollies can change their minds, but people are now getting the final results now who applied 15–20 years ago! Contributory applicants take about 18–24 months. Have a look at "sandch"'s timeline for the progress on Contributory applications. it's at www.gainwave.co.uk)

I would suggest that, before you consult a migration agent, you have a good look through the Parent Migration booklet published by the Dept of Immigration at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf. Once you have looked at that and the various forms that have to be submitted, you'll be in a better position to decide whether it's worth paying several thousand dollars for an agent's services, or go the DIY route.

Good luck, Mike
      Last edited by MikenSueNW3; 27-12-2010 at 09:13 AM.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      238 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by MikenSueNW3 View Post
      G'Day

It is possible to make an onshore application but (1) your Mum has to be old enough to qualify for an Aged Parent Visa and (2) the visa that she uses to enter Australia when she makes application – probably a Tourist visa – must not have a "no further stay" restriction in the small print. Also, if she manages to overcome this last hurdle – probably more by luck than judgement – she must not enter Australia "with the intention of applying for a further visa" -- ie, it has to be an idea that occurs to her while there!

Then if she does get the application for an onshore Aged Parents Visa in, she will automatically get a bridging visa until the substantive visa is considered in maybe 15+ years' time. However, you need to check whether she will be eligible for Medicare. And also, bear in mind that if she should eventually be rejected she would have to return to the UK – very traumatic, I would guess, after all that time.

(No one really knows the timescale for non-contributory parents applying now, as criteria can change and pollies can change their minds, but people are now getting the final results now who applied 15–20 years ago! Contributory applicants take about 18–24 months. Have a look at "sandch"'s timeline for the progress on Contributory applications. it's at www.gainwave.co.uk)

I would suggest that, before you consult a migration agent, you have a good look through the Parent Migration booklet published by the Dept of Immigration at http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1129.pdf. Once you have looked at that and the various forms that have to be submitted, you'll be in a better position to decide whether it's worth paying several thousand dollars for an agent's services, or go the DIY route.

Good luck, Mike
      I'm with Mike on this one regarding the agent.

I didn't have a clue where to start but the forms are very straight forward, We went the DIY route with very little trouble saving ourselves precious money that was needed elsewhere.

Good Luck

Phoebe

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      2127 times
      Rep

Aged Parent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 804)

As others have said, a bridging visa is only possible if an application is made in Australia for what is called an onshore visa.

Have a look at the subclass 804 Aged Parent visa (which is an onshore visa), and feel able to telephone me or my migration agent colleague Sarah White through our Brisbane office tomorrow (Weds) or on Thursday:
      Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Contact and Feedback

Best regards.
      Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas, www.gomatilda.com - Principal, GM Tax, www.gmtax.com.au
      Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534, and CA (England & Wales, and Australia)

•