Selling children's stuff question

Guest laulau

Hello!

My son has too many toys (mostly christmas presents etc) and in attempt to reduce our shipping costs,I'm going to carry out a cull. (gulp)

What toys did you sell, found sold the best?

How did you sell them?

Were you sucessful?

Thanks in advance

Laulau

I have found the best way of selling them is at a local NCT sale, you have to do a little work pricing things up but then you drop it off they charge about 20% for selling it and you collect any leftovers at the end of the day. Price at around a third of what you paid or to be honest if you want to get rid price to sell! I did both this and car boots and this was much better, no standing out in the cold and wet only for someone to want to only give you pence for things

regards

Michelle

Guest ScoobyRoo

Hi laulau - we did the same having 3 kids.... I sold at the local carboot sale and shared out the money with the kids - they were very happy I can tell you. However, I only sold the toys they had lost interest in. No matter how much down sizeing I tried to do we still needed a 40' container!!! Just couldn't part with everything. Have found that we are using most of the stuff over here. So havent had to rush out and buy to replace yet...

Good luck

I've sold loads of my kids toys on ebay. Just got the last lot on at the minute. I'd say we've netted a few hundred quid. There's also a site called preloved where you place your ads for free. I've also sold quite a bit of other stuff on there. NO fees or anything!

We used ebay, we did a car boot sale and I also took a list to school and playgroup for people to look at - I just handed out a list of what we were selling and how much we wanted for it. I sold HEAPS like that!

I don't understand how we still seem to have SOOOO many toys!!!

Love

Rudi

x

Archived