List of Hospitals in sunshine coast, Gold coast and Brisbane.

mr luvpants

Hi all

If possible mods could this be made a sticky to help future enquiries?

We are just about to start applying for nursing jobs at hospitals in the sunshine coast, Gold coast and Brisbane. It would really help us a lot if the nurses amongst us could just briefly post a contact name and e mail address on whom to contact regarding employment.

To keep it concise if we could keep it to just the info and no banter that would be brilliant. LOL:policeman: That way it can become a definitive list.

Many thanks

JOHN AND LISA

hello all,

i am hopefully movin to the sunshine coast in jan/feb 2010 to the moololaba area and would welcome any advice on agencies / hospitals in that area or roundabout that supply work to disability support worker/ aged care/ dementia :jiggy:

thanks in advance

caza:wink:

Guest guest30038
hello all,

i am hopefully movin to the sunshine coast in jan/feb 2010 to the moololaba area and would welcome any advice on agencies / hospitals in that area or roundabout that supply work to disability support worker/ aged care/ dementia

thanks in advance

caza:wink:

Hi Caza, are you holding a City and Guilds, and have you applied for Aus recognition? If not, likelihood of employment in this field is slim. Most jobs in that area require formal recognition. PIO member Yvonne (Andy&Yvonne) struggled to be recognised in that area, despite her C&G, and despite her vast experience as a Team leader in disabilty support. We spent hours and hours searching for jobs for her, but to no avail.........sorry. She's now surrendered :rolleyes: and taken a job as a Wardie (hospital porter) and is loving it and earning more than she did in her role in the UK.

kev

thanks kev for gettin back to me .. i don't have C&G... all i have is a diploma in social sciences and 20 years experience of wokin in the care sector !! i have other certs that i have achieved in my present post but they are all part of my work there, i don't know if they would count in oz.. this is s**t for me now as i was dependin on gettin employment in that field ...any ideas ?????????

caza

Guest guest30038
thanks kev for gettin back to me .. i don't have C&G... all i have is a diploma in social sciences and 20 years experience of wokin in the care sector !! i have other certs that i have achieved in my present post but they are all part of my work there, i don't know if they would count in oz.. this is s**t for me now as i was dependin on gettin employment in that field ...any ideas ?????????

caza

Sadly, not really chook :cry: It was pretty disheartening to see Yvonne tryin for everything she saw advertised in her fiield, but they all wanted 12 months Oz experience despite her C&G and countless certificates such as resuss, handling etc. You just have to think outside the box............dealing with difficult clients etc stood in her stead when she applied for the wardies job...........once into the hospital she can now apply for internal vacancies (they train up) for plaster or theatre technician for example.

Good luck

kev

thanks kev, i also have worked in a challenging behavior unit so hopefully that will stand by me as i quite like the idea of hospital work. what i cant understand about yvonne not gettin work ,as when my 21 yr old daughter was there this year ,she got disability work no bother and she has health and social care and only a few years experience, that was in sydney and she said they were offerin her work contantly with agencies.

caza

Hi We are planning to a move to Townsville in March. I'm currently a medical sec in Oncology. Are there any hospitals in the area and what are the chances of getting a similar type job?

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Luvpants, its a bit time consuming, but i made a list of the ones in northern brisbane and sunshine coast doing this (sorry can't find list or i would have told you!) its to go on queensland health website and get lists of hospitals up (i did it by looking at grad programs as i am newly qualified) and then looking them up on google maps - if you zoom out enough you can get a sense of where they are. As i said, bit time consuming ( i don't get out much) but it can be done.

If anyone has an easier way let me know!

On Sunshine Coast there is:

Caloundra Hospital

Nambour General

Nambour Selangor (private)

Noosa Hospital

Also by 2013/4 there will be a very large hospital being built in Kawana(I think).....Mooloolaba/Maroochydore area.

QLD Health website is probably the best for all of the Government facilities contact details and vacancies though!

• 2 months later...

Hi there are lots of hospitals in Brisbane, try queensland health for public hospitals, mater website (priviate and public), and i found many more private hospitals using google. Good luck in your search. Pam

• 3 months later...
Guest cosmicsis

Hi there, does anyone have any views on what Mater Private Hospital in Redland might be like to work in please? Thanks

Guest Jo and Dave
Hi there, does anyone have any views on what Mater Private Hospital in Redland might be like to work in please? Thanks

Hi Cosmicsis, I have a couple of ex-collegues working at the Mater Private Hospital in Brisbane as midwives, they love it there! more relaxed environment then NHS :biggrin:

• 1 month later...
Guest finnandme

Brisbane Hospitals:

Royal Brisbane & Women's - Herston

Royal Childrens - Herston - won't be around for ever as Qld gov are building a new massive childrens hospital and merging with the Mater at South Brisbane

Prince Charles - Chermside

Princess Alexandra - Buranda

Redlands - Cleveland

Redcliffe

Logan - avoid if possible

Greenslopes Private - Greenslopes

Sunnybank Private - Sunnybank

St Andrew's - Spring Hill

Holy Spirit - Spring Hill

Holy Spirit Northside - Chermside

North West Private - Everton Park

Mater - adults, mothers, childrens (south Brisbane) plus several satellite campuses.

Sunshine Coast: as mentioned previously plus Caloundra Private (aka Andrea Ahearn)

Gold Coast:

Gold Coast - Southport

John Flynn

Allamanda

For all gazetted jobs in Qld Health run hospitals go to SmartJobs - SmartJobs

Guest finnandme

Oh and all casual Sunshine Coast work is handled via Nambour Hospital. They tend not to use agencies but have their own pool.

• 11 months later...
Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi everyone, im looking to move to queensland end of this year, and i have been looking at nambour area and caboolture area, does anyone know the hospitals there and what it like to work there, any opinions appreciated, Thanks

• 3 months later...

Archived